GOOGLE - Earnings

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stocktrader2007, Jul 17, 2008.

1. I say GOOG geeks are owned,

Never own the obvious

#11     Jul 17, 2008
  2. Yeah, what now? I guess you didn't read it. It was spot on.

#12     Jul 17, 2008
  3. Nice rally off the lows here, someone be buying. Got lucky and got out of long calls that would have been somewhat painful.

#13     Jul 17, 2008
  4. what time did you get out of the long calls?

#14     Jul 17, 2008
  5. very very late, that's all I will say, very lucky as I said this is a coin toss, although the way this thing is rallying mabe I should have kept them. Got long stock after hours and got out too early, oh well. Got my ass kicked on RIMM last time though, easy come easy go.

#15     Jul 17, 2008
  6. If you tried to get out at like 4:14, would you definitely be able to? this may be a stupid question, but are options market makers required to take trades right up until 4:15pm, or is it at the market maker's discretion?
    I have heard that the deadline for some options is at 4, and others 4:15, so I would like some clarification on this.

#16     Jul 17, 2008
  7. 4:00 pm eastern time is my understanding. I think most options exchanges close right at the closing bell. Good question though, I am not 100% sure. Maybe someone else can chime in here. My software will not route orders after the bell. I trade mostly spy and some limited equity options (goog, rimm, etc) To be honest I am not sure where goog trades, cboe?

#17     Jul 17, 2008

8. For one thing, you weren't clever enough to include a link. This says a lot about your self-perceived abilities. Do you think you are so important we all have it memorized?

For another, who cares? It is not exactly that everyone on ET is waiting with excitement every time you update your "blog."

For a third, who are you again and what are your credentials besides the fact that you know how to type?

Pointing to your blog expecting to have anyone take you seriously is a sign that you are desperate for SOMEONE to read it, which generally dismisses any remaining credibility you thought you had.

Now, go away

#18     Jul 17, 2008
  9. You could check my profile.

#19     Jul 17, 2008
  10. This is exactly why I hate EliteTrader.com. No one has any clue who a real trader is. I think you'll get it by checking my profile.

#20     Jul 17, 2008