Google Chart Extrememly Bullish

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stock_trad3r, Nov 14, 2006.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Did you just start investing 3 months ago???

#21     Nov 15, 2006
  2. Thats what they said at the IPO, at 200, 300, 400, ect

Gogle is a search engine that is the #1 in the world with NO competitor in sight, unstopable revenue, unstopable growth, ect

#22     Nov 15, 2006
  3. Tuneman

Tuneman

greatest thread ever.

#23     Nov 15, 2006
  4. S2007S

S2007S

whoa...did you just say unstoppable...slow down, not everything is bright and sunny forever.

#24     Nov 15, 2006
  5. S2007S

S2007S

im hoping GOOG goes to 500 so this talk about GOOG 500 could end.....its so overrated just like GOOG.

#25     Nov 15, 2006
  6. Tuneman

Tuneman

btw is anyone else seriously considering some google puts in the near future?

#26     Nov 15, 2006
  7. dac8555

dac8555

noooo...once again to dont get it. Just becuse we see a certain persepctive on the market (i.e. understand economics 101)...does not mean that we are losing money. we are just cautious, and understand the inherent risks in an inflationary overbought bull market that is 4 years old already. so we dont do stupid things like buy and hold without stops or ignore risk control.

Just beacuse you are a bear doesnt mean that you are 100% short all the time on everything. Being a bear means you believe that in the immediate to longer term...that significant downward pressure can come for a variety of different reasons...so we are looking for oppotunities in that.

Today i traded oil on the long side...but i am not an an oil bull. I am looking for longer term shorts in IYR ,IYF, SPY, and DIA...but i am not fighting the trend now...i simply see potneital opportunities there, and a lessening opportnnities on the long side.

#27     Nov 15, 2006
  8. When will it break 500? It's within striking distance. Once it breaks 500, it won't stop until 510 or 520 like Jesse Livermore said a stock won't stop at "par".

#28     Nov 17, 2006
  9. Hey Stock Trader....Otherwise known as perma BULL....Just because I really don't agree with almost anything you say, I would like to let people know how well you did since your famous post on 6/29 where you called out the 5 stocks that you have to own in this next great bull market (Like it's not 4 years old)....Without going into any real performance measurement like (Sharpe ratio, MM, portfolio alpha or r squared) for your 5 stock portfolio investment and not accounting for the extra risk you took, Lets look at how you did... The increased risk should have greatly compensated you in this great bull market, but did it...As of November 16th...So 6/29 ---->11/16

HANS--(-39.9%)
    TIE--(-14.7%)
    CHAP--(15.77%)
    GOOG--(18.69%)
    AAPL--(45.18%)

Equally weighted you made 5.008% as of November 16.....You under performed the indexes by 6% and 9% respectively....Man where do I sign up!!!!

OK I know!!!

Chap was up 7.19% today
    AAPL was up 0.28% today
    GOOG was up 0.58% today
    HANS was down -1.93% today
    TIE was down -0.25% today

WHAT A GREAT BULL MARKET.....RIGHT!!!! I was up over 1% on a day when the market was flat.....So lets give you 6.5% return to be nice...You should start a hedge fund!!!

All of your picks are extremely volatile and should have greatly compensated you during a period in which the S&P 500 did 11% without a dividend payment and the Nasdaq 100 did 14%...I reiterate your problem was under diversification and valuation...Classic example of what worked last year will work again this year...

Just thought I would share this man's ability to call the market...BTW you should have sold your CHAP GOOG and AAPL with me today...

$COSTAverageMAN

#29     Nov 17, 2006
  10. Looks like microsoft paint aint so bad huh?

No need for expensive trading platforms when paint works for me

Goog soared past 505 today and will hit 600 within 1-2 months

so easy making $$ with goog

Yea the other picks suck. Eat me.

#30     Nov 21, 2006