Google bringing out own browser !!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by taodr, Sep 1, 2008.

1. It is a bit faster than firefox (noticably on a core2duo 8500)

Downsides:
    - not as minimal as my tinymenu addon makes ff
    - no adblock plus (but then google likes adverts).

So FF it is.

#51     Sep 2, 2008

2. what?

Ummm I just DL'ed it and is basically tells me all my entries and exits too for the NQ, yours doesnt?

#52     Sep 2, 2008

3. LOL, my thoughts exactly.

#53     Sep 2, 2008
  4. Definitely faster than IE for me. Ironically, the only page that has been slower is my iGoogle page.

#54     Sep 2, 2008
  5. really like it so far :D

#55     Sep 2, 2008
  6. vv111y

vv111y

yep faster.

But then I've got FF loaded down with crap-loads of stuff. So, how fast will it be once it's all tricked out and put to heavy use like FF

#56     Sep 2, 2008
  7. I played around with it for a couple minutes, but honestly, without Adblock plus (FF add-on) surfing sites is simply a pain. Back to FF and won't go back without an Adblock-like feature.

With Chrome being open source I hope it's only a matter of days.

#57     Sep 2, 2008
  8. re speed: i think the basic multithreaded browser & current software are responsible for that.

re functionality: agreed, without adblock plus equivalence no browser is all that good.

#58     Sep 2, 2008
  9. mine has a little box that tells me the future direction of Google's stock price for the next week!!!! :D :D :D hows that for return on investment!!!!

#59     Sep 2, 2008
  10. you guys are traders or tech-pro?

I would think CHROME is just another chance to short GOOG ? personally I hate GOOG's nasty competetion way, and evey time it rallied, I shorted it and everytime I won, hope stired up big market movement, we traders can take advantage of it! who cares they re-invented browsers, I used my own designed browser (just toke me three days to do that in C++, I am not braging about it), blocked lots of garbage pages and so called cookies(bullshit stuffs) and automatically killed SPAM mails, he he, a broswer is old stuff, not new tech!

goog just wants to control your computer, watch out! if someone is interested in designing their own broswer, leave a message in my box

#60     Sep 2, 2008