Google bringing out own browser !!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by taodr, Sep 1, 2008.

1. I can't open that site! lol

noooo

need a new browser

#41     Sep 2, 2008
  2. zwib

zwib

#42     Sep 2, 2008
  3. Daal

Daal

I'm having problems with font size, the option box to increased it doesnt really increase the size. only 'CTRL' and '+' really increases the size, but you need to do that for each new tab

#43     Sep 2, 2008
  4. I wonder if Google subjects the TOS to the same as its other applications - namely, they compile a docea on you that never really goes away and tracks everything.

#44     Sep 2, 2008
  5. taodr

taodr

Chrome loads fast but still prefer K-Meleon.

#45     Sep 2, 2008
  6. looks interesting.

I'll let you all be the testers.

#46     Sep 2, 2008
  7. It took me 15 seconds to make Chrome my new browser of choice. It's just faster... I hate bowing down to Bill Gates bloatware waiting for things, just hate it... I've said it before regarding Google documents, which I use a lot, that Google needs to have it's own browser and now they do, one small step for Google one giant leap for mankind.....

#47     Sep 2, 2008
  8. Jachyra

Jachyra

The only problem is that I'm not so sure that I'm completely comfortable with their terms of service, especially #2 on this list:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10030522-56.html?tag=txt

Its an open source project, so I'd imagine that eventually someone will fork a version that won't be governed by their EULA... but until then, I'm not quite sure how I feel about using a browser that technically gives Google the right to take screenshots of private emails or banking statements that I just happen to view online (although I'm sure thats not what they plan on doing with it).

#48     Sep 2, 2008
  9. just dled it to see what all the hype and "breakthrouhg technology" is all about, tbh i don't see how this is any better than firefox its just a browser for fuck sakes

#49     Sep 2, 2008
  10. rofl

#50     Sep 2, 2008