Google bringing out own browser !!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by taodr, Sep 1, 2008.

1. dubes

dubes

My basic understanding of the matter is that the goal is for this browser to eventually become the OS in that as many apps as possible will run through the browser. This was Netscape's lofty goal many years ago. The browser and the languages are finally becoming sophisticated enough to achieve this.

#21     Sep 2, 2008
  2. The new FF is pretty cool.

But I am curious about this new browser.

#22     Sep 2, 2008
  3. The only reason someone would think this is big news is because they are uneducated and likely play with their own reflection in the mirror from time to time.

Google's browser is based off of webkit, just like safari. IMO, this is a desperate move to get on people's desktop and indicates their other attempts(google search bars, etc.) are not working as they expected.

#23     Sep 2, 2008

4. Right because the only time companies ever come out with new products is when their old ones aren't working? :confused:

#24     Sep 2, 2008

5. You .......................................................... Point.

I never said "only". I was talking about this specific instance. This browser brings NO NEW TECHNOLOGY TO THE MARKET.

So when do companies bring a product to market when there is no functional advantage or proprietary technology? They do it when the product is a vehicle for something else.

#25     Sep 2, 2008
  6. I wouldn't go that far yet.

#26     Sep 2, 2008
  7. Tums

Tums

This will spell the Beginning to the End of Microsoft as we know it.

The browser is only a stepping stone...
    it is the thin apps and the inevitable OS-less browser, that will change computing forever...

#27     Sep 2, 2008

8. Wow. You just described a dumb terminal, circa 1973.

I've heard this song before - show me something new. I already cleaned up on shorting google earlier this year and the TA is showing possible entries coming up soon. The only reason my short worked as well as it did was because the "smart money" that was propping up google has been rotating out.

Please, google bulls, buy more equity/calls. I want more bag holders this time around. Last time I got some of the long-side funds, this time my fear is that most of the money left in GOOG is going to be retail and employees.....

Regards,

#28     Sep 2, 2008
  9. gbos

gbos

Just installed it. Its very fast and a nice clean interface.

#29     Sep 2, 2008
  10. Anyone download this yet that actually likes it and isn't experiencing any issues with it?

Thanks.

#30     Sep 2, 2008