Google bringing out own browser !!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by taodr, Sep 1, 2008.

1. ET ain't like most forums. I hate other forums which are so moderated that any creativity or differences of opinions are quickly squashed. ET is truly a melting pot of the good, the bad, and the ugly.

#11     Sep 1, 2008
  2. The last thing I want is a google browser, OS, or anything else. No doubt microsoft needs to wake up, but as far as I'm concerned google needs a serious check as well. Google is now a serious threat to privacy and as a result of it's adsens program it has flooded the internet with worthless adsense websites.

If there is anything I want in a browser it is the ability to hide/mask my IP, cookie management, AND the automatic filtering of google adsense ads. There is zero chance I'll ever use a browser from google.

#12     Sep 1, 2008
  3. Exactly. Google is trying to counter the effects of IE8.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article4623178.ece

#13     Sep 1, 2008
  4. A Google coded browser? Can't wait to download this piece of junk, test it for 5 minutes, realize it's adds nothing new and de-install asap.

#14     Sep 1, 2008
  5. You state that like they are evenly distributed when in actual fact the majority of crap is in the bad and ugly section with the small leftover is in the alright to good section. Sort of reminds me the way the creationists want to debate with nat selection people as if they have an equal weight position when it is obvious to most they dont.

#15     Sep 1, 2008
  6. I don't see what the big deal is here. Why is everybody getting so excited?

The good news here is more competition is good for all of us.

I use ff, i like it.

#16     Sep 1, 2008
  7. While it watches and records everything you are searching/browing then throwing you targeted ads :p

I can just imagine...I'll stick with IE I think.

#17     Sep 1, 2008
  8. Bowgett

Bowgett

Exactly. It looks like it is going to be modified FireFox

#18     Sep 1, 2008
  9. Also, IE8 is getting good reviews.

#19     Sep 1, 2008
  10. I downloaded the Beta a few months ago. It screwed up my system so bad, I had to reformat. Come to think of it I won't be upgrading to IE8 or Google Explorer until it is forced. Microsoft always releases Betas too early. Eventually they work through all the bugs and then release as a needed update. I'll wait, IE7 seems to be working good now. If it ain't broke no need to fix it.

#20     Sep 1, 2008