Google always goes up

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stock_trad3r, May 19, 2008.

1. Up again

if goog is good at one thing it is going u all thje time and killing shorts

#21     May 30, 2008
  2. even with the dow down 100 pints google only down .35%

goog never goes down much

#22     Jun 2, 2008
  3. stock_trad3r, you definitely are looking at GOOG with rose-colored glasses.

I mean how do you explain your statement in the face of a retracement from 725 to 425 in the Nov '07 to Mar '08 period?

You know stocks...but did you know that was going to happen? Honestly, did you also know that the market would rally as it has since then?

If your answer is YES, I am sure Goldman Sachs is quite disappointed that they cannot get you off this site and into their offices :confused:.

p$

#23     Jun 2, 2008
  4. Didn't expect google to fall so suddenly from 740 to 430 but it rebounded really quickly, which didn't surprise me. Only off by 160 or so points.

#24     Jun 2, 2008
  5. 50_Bip

50_Bip

If I were you, I would sell all of my GOOG immediately. The fact that GOOG didn't make a new high, much less close above 600, would be a major source of concern if I owned any shares. There is negative divergence written all over the charts, and GOOG shouldn't have a $180 bil market cap to begin with.

I'm not trying to predict the future of GOOG, because who knows for sure.. Just laying out the facts, my man!

#25     Jun 2, 2008
  6. Don't own it, but google is a great buy. It has a tendency of rebounding suddenly when the chart appears weak. Good luck

#26     Jun 2, 2008
  7. Yeah GOOG is only 27% percent off its high, but who going to quibble about that?

#27     Jun 2, 2008
  8. GOOG has been spending fortunes on everything and anything and guess what they have to show for it? Nothing...zilch...nada. Without Google's ad revenue business, they have no revenues. They've spent the last 5 years trying to come up with some secondary source of profit and haven't succeeded despite having billions of dollars to work with. Now they're trying to up end EBAY and Paypal. Good luck with that.

Google is a walking land mine. It's not to say that their ad revenue business won't continue to be profitable, but as far as growth? Forget about it. Google is a fish flopping around trying to figure out what to do next.

#28     Jun 2, 2008
  9. Shows how little you know. This is the mindset of people who have lost money shorting from the IPO to $500.

#29     Jun 2, 2008
  10. Really? Prove me wrong then. What software product line (or any product line) besides ad revenues have been profitable for Google. If I "know so little", then show me your superior knowledge.

#30     Jun 2, 2008