Goog

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Free Thinker, Jan 31, 2006.

1. no. as long as it is publicly disseminated they can say whatever they want to.

#31     Feb 28, 2006
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

this is an absolutely false statement....Ken Lay said whatever he wanted and it was publicly disseminated; now he is in a court room waiting for his demise...:D

#32     Feb 28, 2006
  3. you are right. i should have said as long as its a true statement.

#33     Feb 28, 2006
  4. I can't buy that either - truth is relative, as are opinions, much like those that are spewing from the CFO's mouth as we speak. The reason I ask is because I own a company and as a "Manager" of the entity there are things I cannot/should not say, even as esoteric as the way I phrase comments makes me personally liable.(Note: it's a US LLC)

My company is private - goog is public, which is why I would think there are more regulations goog Managers(Officers) must adhere to.

For the record, I just bought some more Mar 410 calls.

#34     Feb 28, 2006
  5. I remember CMGI, Ceo said they are going to divide the company in 5 division and then investors punished them hard. So something is cooking in GOOG too.

CMGI on that time was trading for $48 and was trading at $5 after few days. So be ready to see GOOG more go south.

#35     Feb 28, 2006
  6. The market is getting hit on news from Google (GOOG:Nasdaq) that growth is slowing and is now "largely organic." Management is speaking at a Merrill Lynch conference and says that search gains are mostly "monetarized" and that the company will have to seek other ways to grow revenue.

#36     Feb 28, 2006
  7. GOOG should never have been run up to 475 in the first place. It was Yahoo from 1999 all over again.

Will people never learn.

Glad I'm a trader and not an investor. :)

#37     Feb 28, 2006
  8. just dont get why the CFO would come out unscheduled and purposely tank the stock like that??

#38     Feb 28, 2006
  9. its not unscheduled. they are speaking at a Merrill Lynch conference .

#39     Feb 28, 2006
  10. novel20

novel20

Once again, we see how useful technical analysis is.

#40     Feb 28, 2006