Goog

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Free Thinker, Jan 31, 2006.

1. don't forget everyone to sell his REDF pick down to oblivion.

#11     Jan 31, 2006
  2. Said his price target of 450 was filled. That was as close to a cramer change of call as I've seen. Admittedly he didn't say sell. But he certainly told people not to get greedy and eased off.

#12     Jan 31, 2006
  3. capmac

capmac

GOOG Google: Color on quarter/analyst defenses (432.66 )

Predictably, there are many defenses of GOOG out this morning... Bear Stearns says that while they acknowledge that GOOG's results came in shy of recently increased expectations by the Street, they think the reaction is overdone and recommend buying the stock on the pullback. Firm notes the following positive aspects of the qtr: results confirm that GOOG gained share from YHOO and MSN in the qtr, rev growth on Google.com continues to outpace the network sites, int'l revs declined as a percentage of total revs but growth was still healthy... Friedman Billings trims their tgt to $540 from $575, saying the co's Q4 results were essentially in-line but well below whisper expectations, and they think the after hours sell-off provides a compelling entry point... Piper Jaffray says that a strong performance in Q4 was overshadowed by expectations of substantial upside to consensus, despite a lack of rational explanation of why the expectations of over 30% q/q growth were feasible. Given the lack of guidance and Google's considerably above-market growth rate, firm says that GOOG was bound to have this "calibration event," as expectations finally vastly exceeded its actual performance. Yet firm thinks the "shortfall" from expectations is in no way a reflection of either a slowing market or a slowing Google.

#13     Feb 1, 2006
  4. capmac

capmac

GOOG Google tgt upped to $500 from $400 at Prudential (432.66 ) -Update-

Prudential raises their GOOG tgt to $500 from $400, noting that GOOG broke its five-quarter streak of outperformance, reporting 4Q results that were below Street expectations. Based on the 4Q performance, they are raising their forward estimates. They note that the stock fell sharply in after-hours trading, in part, they believe, due to confusion regarding the EPS miss. They would view any sell-off as a buying opportunity.

#14     Feb 1, 2006

5. is this like a Yahoo.com message board post?

do you think ANALysts are of any value in trading GOOG ? If so then how many calls and/shares of the underlying are you buying at the open. And what are you going to do with the aprox $112 dollars you will make per share when it hits 500?

these are some of the same guys who had targets of >500 before earnings; I'm sure that helped people who bought at 450 on margin.

Ice
    :cool:

#15     Feb 1, 2006
  6. I think goog market cap is so out of whack. I have to believe at some point this will be below 300 again. The problem is how many people will go broke trying to call the top.

#16     Feb 1, 2006
  7. When are analysts of any value period? Shewt...they don't know...

Anyone can flip a coin...

Like Mark Douglas says, "Every moment in the market is unique.", and "Anything can happen." ;)

#17     Feb 10, 2006
  8. I think it will find some support here

#18     Feb 16, 2006
  9. nice call!

#19     Feb 16, 2006
  10. Did an analysis of GOOG this past week.
    It looks like its own market index: very nice waves right from its public offering.
    It touched its 200 dma for the first time ever this week. Microsoft used to do that nearly once a year on its massive run up in the 80's and 90's.
    Posted an analysis on my blog 2/17/06. The first time ever for a stock. http://spaces.msn.com/caldaroEW/

I'll be tracking it from here on out.
    Below is a chart:

#20     Feb 20, 2006