Goog

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Jul 14, 2011.

1. DrEvil

DrEvil

If I were holding a big block of google shares, I would be liquidating here.

#11     Jul 15, 2011
  2. Sold for $1.20

#12     Jul 15, 2011
  3. kpatter

kpatter

"Sold for $1.20"

What a load - for 99% of the day this stock traded well below 600. It briefly sticks it head above 600 and you are all of a sudden a wizard with a 200% profit?

Day's Range: 588.16 - 600.25

#13     Jul 15, 2011
  4. My trade was the only live GOOG earnings play posted on ET. The days range for the 600 Calls was $0.05 - $4.90 and the P/L for that trade was $83.00 / 230% including commissions.

[​IMG]
    Screen shot from my IB account - Times are PST, add three hours for EST.

#14     Jul 15, 2011
  5. lol @ liquidating google

google is going HIGHER long term, this is just the beginning

sorry if you can't see it yet

google is the apple, facebook, and netflix killer

zuckerburg is pissing himself, hes gonna go down as another myspace tom, no history books sorry, should have IPO'd while you were worth something

at least tom sold myspace at just about the peak of its value....

#15     Jul 15, 2011
  6. I mean , was it really smart to trade something so far out that you needed a miracle to score?

If you wanted to play upside, the 570's were only $2 or less.

blewit

#16     Jul 16, 2011
  7. Hindsight is always 20/20. If GOOG traded to my target of $610 the payoff would have been 28x, the 570's payoff would be 20x. Plus the risk was only $35.00, instead of $200.00.

#17     Jul 16, 2011
  8. I've never been one to trade Google stock, and I'd prefer not to. But, what I will say is that call option trades was well done, but of course something a little further in the money would have had a better risk/reward ratio. It doesn't change the fact that your trade has yielded some great results.

My optimism on Google has more to do with the mobile android platform, and the search engine revenue it generates from an android handset, and youtube advertising revenue growth.

I don't expect much from the Google social network, but if Google were to try buying out a significant stake in facebook, or merged with facebook, and bought out Baidu.com. Than I would be very excited, for the future business prospects of Google in advertising. Perhaps I am expecting too much, but as a trader. I want to see a major move from Google from more of a business aspect, and not so much of a technological aspect. Yes, we all know Google isn't exactly a Berkshire Hathaway. But, I want to see big game changing buyouts like the youtube.com deal.

I like how Google is an innovative company, and all. But, I would like to see more M&A activity from Google over the next decade. I'm sure any sane investor would agree with me on this one.

#18     Jul 16, 2011
  9. Everyone I've spoken with LOVES google Plus (their social network). Friends will get their friends to buy Androids, who will get their friends to buy Androids. Facebook severely lacks the level of integration that Google Plus has on phones.

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple and Facebook team up in some way, they'll have to, or they are both going to get smacked.

#19     Jul 16, 2011
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

Good job bro!:)

#20     Jul 16, 2011