GOOG suckers

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by krazykarl, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Thank you.

It took me taking 18 months off from trading real money to get back into it with this trade. I lost 140k swing trading after starting with 30k. Spent the time working on system design and developing my algorithms.

I had 2 systems flag this trade over the last week and I let them go on the real accounts: writing the calls and buying the puts en-masse.

It's always fun when you're right and you know why you were right.

Kind Regards,

#21     Jan 31, 2008
  2. wake37

wake37

great call:p :cool: :p

#22     Jan 31, 2008
  3. just read this.

would you rather have them digging ditches eating rice and beans?

#23     Jan 31, 2008
  4. That has little to do with anything. I would rather have them paying people to innovate - and I mean REAL Bell-labs xerox PARC style innovation.

All they deliver is javascript webmail.

They have been overvalued for too long. Their entire valuation is based on them having stelar, world-changing innovations. The action the past week caused me to put my programs on the data and when they were making enough of the right trades I turned them live.

The programs are watching after-hours - they just work the options chain so no shorting the equity, but if the market bias is down tomorrow GOOG is going to explode to the downside. If my software was a distempered Mastiff it would be salivating like a firehose right now.

Regards,

#24     Jan 31, 2008
  5. Watch the tape for GOOG today - it will be a great teacher.

With the MS-Yahoo deal pending, if the market has strong bullish internals and GOOG flounders or dumps to the downside, there is a long-term(12+ months) downward move locked in. There is likely another "surprise" in store next earnings.

If it moves up moderately in a strongly up market, look for another bull trap in the next week.

If the market internals are down? Look for the GOOG sell-off to accelerate as people hurry to ring the register.

Regards,

#25     Feb 1, 2008
  6. You are way too emotional on this.

#26     Feb 1, 2008
  7. Emotional? My systems are doing the trading, not me. My emotions hit the 'on' button. If the numbers aren't there, the trades won't execute. Period.

Regards,

#27     Feb 1, 2008
  8. So how much % of your account are you risking in this trade?

#28     Feb 1, 2008
  9. 100% of one of the IB accounts. (~50k starting equity.)

The system, however, writes calls and buys puts, so the risk is much higher then 50k, but it's managed risk.

Kind Regards,

#29     Feb 1, 2008
  10. mbesto

mbesto

back on subject...

why was GOOG ever at 700+ anyway? overvalued is an understatement IMO...

can anyone really answer this question with some certainty....how is the company planning on growing?

#30     Feb 1, 2008