GOOG search shows unlisted# + home address

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by anvil993, May 21, 2008.

1. maxpi

maxpi

I googled my name [the real one] and came up with a really horrible myspace video!! Numbers don't pull up anything...

It does not pay to piss off bureaucrats or bankers btw... I publicly complained about a bank on a site that would send a letter to a CEO and post a complaint.... the bank changed a digit in my SSI number and now I can't open a bank account!! And I can't really get them to fix it either, the lady at the credit union that told me about it said she was not really supposed to even tell me the source of the problem!! I just sort of opted out of the whole banking and credit bullshit, screw it, I stopped paying everything that was not secured, they can take that credit rating stuff and forcibly place it where the sun doesn't shine... I'm a retail trader, hoepfully I'll never need a good credit rating, I'll never need a job or credit for anything afaik and if I need credit, I can get an ID in any park in Los Angeles :)

#11     May 21, 2008
  2. Max:

So sorry to hear about your situation. That is REALLY SCREWED up!!

#12     May 21, 2008
  3. why did they change a digit in your number? honest mistake by a fat-fingered clerk?

#13     May 21, 2008
  4. maxpi

maxpi

I feel that it was retribution for the complaint. It happened right after that.

In all honesty, the happiest times of my life were 1)before I had credit or 2) after I ruined it and before I reestablished it, it's twice for that one now :D I don't know why, it's just one less thing to think about. Wifey and I each have real estate, some of it is entirely paid for, it's not like we are trying to get our first home... speaking of which, even in normal times regarding real estate, I'm not sure having established credit means much, I think the loan people search for bad credit but no credit at all is good...... maybe I'm wrong, but my advice to people is to never get credit in the first place, just live a little lower down and sleep better...

#14     May 22, 2008
  5. oh crap, i just searched my # and a massage parlor came up (but in a different area code).

#15     May 22, 2008