GOOG Powerful

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Slim Harpo, Jun 24, 2005.

1. GMAIL is working fine for me. I would not short anyway. Here I was 8 months ago swearing that the $85 IPO price was an idiotic move and people who bought into it deserved to lose their money.

I truly don't understand this stock.

#11     Jun 28, 2005
  2. I felt the exact same way about their IPO price.....but I have changed my mind in really just the last month or so...

#12     Jun 28, 2005

3. I almost thought about putting all my money I had into GOOG, but having to fill out way more information about myself, and contacting brokerage house etc... made me discouraged with going forward with it. I also thought $85 was a bit too much more than what I had in my mind.

My net worth would've been $100,000 right now had I put everything I had into it, rather than trading for myself and being broke. Pretty powerful stuff...

#13     Jun 28, 2005
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

HYPE....there is nothing different between 2 months ago and now in the company ..the only thing different is $10-20 billion more in market cap...thats called Cramer HYpe booooouyah style... :D

#14     Jun 28, 2005
  5. welcome to 1999 gentlemen

#15     Jun 28, 2005
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

someone must have read my post....in the later part of the day:D

#16     Jun 28, 2005
  7. keyser1

keyser1

You almost thought about it? So you really didn't think about?

Seriously though, putting all your money in one thing is a dumb thing. Hindsight is everything, I could be retired today if I put all my money into the stocks and bought on margin. But alas, I didn't and am yet not retired and no where close to it.

#17     Jun 28, 2005
  8. Google and Yahoo should merge. I can't believe Yahoo didn't buy them when they may have could have.

John

#18     Jun 28, 2005
  9. Yeah, then Cramer could say, "Gooooyaaahhhh"

My best friend keeps referring to the $7 EPS expected next year, but I keep thinking the earnings aren't "diversified." 99% of their revenue is from ads.

I can't think of any company in the World (apparently this does not include the World Wide Web) that gets it's money from providing free stuff. I often have to wonder if Google really knows whether the customers are the advertisers or the users of Goog.

I have no clue.

I shorted it at 306 this morning and am still short 800. It's probably good I didn't watch it much while I was blowing $12k shorting GP. I don't think the current level is justifiable, at least not to me. I've found that when there is a plausible, legitimate justification for a rapid price rise, the stock's about to go down.

#19     Jun 28, 2005
  10. SteveD

SteveD

The thinking is that the average PE multiple of Yahoo and Ebay is 63. If GOOG earns $5/share as expected then the $315 price is well justified.

One may argue with the assumptions but they are based on some very logical reasoning. Throw in very strong growth prospects "going forward" and you have a stock that may be fairly priced.

Why would it go down?

SteveD

#20     Jun 28, 2005