GOOG next report

Discussion in 'Options' started by IV_Trader, Dec 26, 2013.

1. I waited and bought the 31th weeklies. but what a mess-can't trust these "unconfirmed" dates no more.
    Vola tells better story.

#31     Jan 4, 2014
  2. barney-

barney-

Ya I am a holding a few minis on that $1,110 straddle. C'est la vie. Will close Monday most likely.

They are basically flat.

#32     Jan 4, 2014
  3. Seemingly they need at least three weeks. So if they haven't reported by the 1st of the month you can assume it goes beyond the serial date. Sucks, but all vols out to the 24th will drop on Monday.

#33     Jan 4, 2014
  4. barney-

barney-

Why is that? It was announced December 27th?

Shouldn't it have been priced in?

#34     Jan 4, 2014
  5. The date was announced on Dec27?

Edit: Wow, didn't realize. Then yeah, the vola won't go anywhere. There was some residual vol in the 24th, but it must be due to price action.

#35     Jan 4, 2014
  6. i could be totally wrong but i don't remember seeing any 12.27 press release about q4 when i checked yesterday and thursday...is it possible they slipped that in there today?

#36     Jan 4, 2014
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I'd been checking everyday as well. More over, no reputable website had a confirmed date.

#37     Jan 4, 2014
  8. FXforex

FXforex

I might change this to a put fly with the body at minus 5%, wings still at plus/minus $40.00. Position entered just hours before earnings and closed the next day using the weekly options.

I will know more during the week of GOOG earnings. :)

#38     Jan 4, 2014
  9. Yeah, I don't trust it as I checked it earlier in the week and it wasn't listed on the IR page. I think they f*cked up and added it this weekend. Vols drop on Monday.

#39     Jan 4, 2014
  10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I think two vegas. No reason for it to trade below jan listed.

#40     Jan 4, 2014