goog mar 380 puts stuck?

Discussion in 'Options' started by empee, Feb 28, 2006.

1. BDGBDG

BDGBDG

And they said electronic trading would be more effecient....

#21     Feb 28, 2006
  2. Dude

This stinks bad I know how you feel I've been there myself in similiar situations and the worst part is that NOBODY will help you with this... especially IB.

Please keep us posted.

#22     Feb 28, 2006
  3. WTF? :D

Please keep us informed.

#23     Feb 28, 2006
  4. zdreg

zdreg

the answer is no but please correct. he may not have enough money in the account to purchase google to offet his put position.

#24     Feb 28, 2006
  5. there's a good prob that all options trades on goog will be busted...cboe waived firm's quotes.

#25     Feb 28, 2006
  6. empee,

I was in exactly the same situation, but trading with TradeStation, so I assume the erratic action was on the exchanges.
    I had PUT 370 March which traded at 4.5 early today. I had a profit target at 8 in place. When the news came and before I could cancel the offer, the option traded at 20 and above and didn't hit my offer. Finally I was able to cancel and place a new offer at 26.5 that was executed.
    For a period of 5-10 minutes the bid/ask and last were completely out of control. I saw execution at 32 when the offer was below 25

#26     Feb 28, 2006
  7. I have one word to describe this situation THEFT !!!!!!!!

#27     Mar 1, 2006

8. i got screwed w/ goog options as well ...

i was trying to buy the 360 and 370 calls when goog lost 50 points ... the prem's did not adjust ... for example ..i was buying a much higher premium when the stock was at 345-340 ..when the stock bounced to 360-365, the actual premium was 30% lower!!! i lost 8k yesterday on a trade i normally would have made $10k + .. the options market in goog was the most unfair i have ever seen ... so far , my trades have stuck...

#28     Mar 1, 2006
  9. what do you mean ?? i hope so ..its the right thing to do , IMHO.

#29     Mar 1, 2006
  10. ^the cboe issued that statement ystdy.

if your trade will stand u should file a complain to the sec...they cant quote bogus prices and let trades stand as if everything was oky-doky.

best of luck.

#30     Mar 1, 2006