GOOG ecosystem

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by riskarb, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Sorry.................. forgot to mention the 5th wave on the weekly chart.

Surfs up and Mavericks is breaking 20 -30 feet plus this week.

Grab that big gun with the foot straps and enjoy the ride.

When all the Investment Bankers have gotten their clients out of the stock to all you retail chumps......they will be sipping fine wine over looking Mavericks high up on the cliffs. Hwy 92 is on my way to the office each morning.........I will drop a note when the
    crowds pick up.

When late to the party dance close to the exit door.

#11     Jan 6, 2006
  2. Hmm...upon seeing this post I just checked the secinfo site again to figure out how this information could be incorrect. The document I looked at in October was incomplete. Brin still has class B shares that weren't listed on that document...he has a lot. about 30mm b shares that he has been converting and selling...

Excuse me, I will eat my foot now. :eek:

http://www.secinfo.com/d141Nx.v2aw.htm

#12     Jan 6, 2006
  3. He still has the option to puchase millions of class B shares. More stock options seem to be granted every quarter.

#13     Jan 7, 2006
  4. Maybe we can start a website nailing all the BS that comes out of Wall St then we'll make so many enemies then we'll get lotsa notoriety then we'll charge wild ad rates then we'll go public then we'll sell the company to Wall St for $100 Billion give or take a billion.

Any ETers here have a good blog to get started?

#14     Jan 7, 2006
  5. It's almost funny how every move GOOG does seems like it's going to rock the Internet. The only thing that it has successfully done so far is still in the ad/search market. All this selling videos, google pack, etc... are a bunch of dog and pony show for Wall Street Analyst to make it seem like they're diversifying.

Selling videos? uh uh... Apple's got that one.

Google Pack? Just a bunch of unintegrated software that just happen to have a single installer and a single user license agreement.

When Windows Vista comes out, we'll all see what GOOG is made of. Fluff or steel. At this price and forward PE ratio? I'm betting that my Jan 07 @ 430 puts will be worth way more than it is when I bought it yesterday.

#15     Jan 7, 2006
  6. This isn't bubble nonsense, even if Google 's share price is high. It's just an analyst trying to use creative language to further his career.

#16     Jan 7, 2006
  7. GOOG is on its way to $1,000+

To bad you've missed the ride so far but oh well, someone has to..LOL

#17     Jan 7, 2006
  8. Since I'm not a techie, could you explain to me why a box, sold en masse and not Windoze-based, which can surf the net and do email, and has a screen bigger than a postage stamp (carckberry) doesn't have incalculable potential in the worldwide market? I travelled a lot this summer and there are probably a billion people worldwide who don't have a computer in their home but who are just on the cusp of being the new 'middle class' in their country, who would probably jump all over an idea like this. (I am thinking of India, where the phone lines seem plenty good enough to support connectivity for the masses, and wireless is coming on so strong that the phone lines will probably be redundant in 10 years). What's the world's biggest industry? Isn't it tourism (both international and people travelling within their own country)? Everywhere I went, what was I doing? Looking for the internet cafe. They have those big orange ones in Europe... and 90% of people are surfing and checking mail, not word processing or gaming or anything else.

For those of us who don't get these things, the MSFT monopoly in operating systems has been hard to understand, on a strictly theoretical basis. Is there no alternative to Windows, ever, for the rest of time?

#18     Jan 7, 2006
  9. So you're expecting a selloff in the next 3-5 weeks? Wow, amazing call.
    Yeah, to hell with them. Goddamn greedy shareholders.
    ummmm.....

#19     Jan 7, 2006
  10. A lot of people are assuming that Microsoft, nor Intel do not have anything like this in the works. Quite frankly, whether GOOG will successfully develop one and market it out, they will have it manufactured in one of those outsourced manufacturing facilities such as Flextronics, etc... I'm also quite sure a lot of the hardware research are outsourced to such companies.

With that said, companies like Dell, HP, Motorola have began buying their R&D.
    What I'm trying to say is that when such a device comes out, Microsoft won't be far behind with their version of the such a cheap device.

Much like all these talks of Google having an AJAX based Open office of some sort... well, Microsoft already has one in the works. Keep in mind Google's competitor's aren't just sitting behind thinking what Google might do next. Every tech company seems to know, one way or another, what their competitors are up to.

#20     Jan 8, 2006