GOOG earnings

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by a529612, Jan 29, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

2. S2007S

S2007S

"All boat's are being lifted," Global Equity Research analyst Trip Chowdhry said in an interview. "If Yahoo can report a 13% gain in sales, then imagine what Google's going to do."

hmmm

if this is true than I guess we can expect GOOG to trade as high as 550 on Wednesday night. :eek:

3. or 450.

4. S2007S

S2007S

im predicting a close under 400 by the end of 2007.

Wednesday its either fresh highs for GOOG at 530-545 range or back down to the 430-450 range.

5. Exactly this time last year it gapped down 20% AH.

6. S2007S

S2007S

I do remember that, then slowly came back up to new highs. Wednesday is going to be real volatile ahead of the fomc meeting and goog earnings.

7. romanvm

romanvm

What option play would you do in this case? Straddle may be?

8. mnx

mnx

someone who is wiser can correct me but I don't think you want to be buying volatility when IV is high... your best chance of profiting from a straddle is when IV at the low end of the range. I didn't bother to check but the IV on most of these options is probably not at the low end of the range right before earnings...

btw, It'll cost you $40/share to get into a $490 straddle right now!!!

- mnx

9. Tell me if Im reading into the charts what I want to read into them..but doesnt GOOG look like its preparing to make a major move upwards?

Last year at this time the chart was looking very weak and then it gapped down.. this time thats one strong arse looking chart and a giant pennant.

The 30 min MACD is in a beautiful uptrend.

#10     Jan 29, 2007