GOOG crash $100

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by apitrader, Mar 20, 2009.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Google is going to start losing market share, anyone thinking this is a long term play will be wrong, Google is going to have competition from the likes of Bing. Who knows maybe there is some 20 year old kid working on a new search engine 10X better than bing, google and yahoo combined.

#21     Aug 28, 2009
  2. There is alway competition in the market. There is constantly competition for microsofts operating system...Apple takes share...a little bit each year but microsoft is the 800 pound gorilla in the room and the chances of them losing that status are next to impossible.

The same is for google-they have 80% share of that market and to change the trends of consumers...there will need to be a serious shock to their business and there is just nothing out there. go.com is good...so is bing...but google is just as good and everyone always uses it; the cost to entering and beating google is just too high... sorry but goog will dominate for years to come; they are fresh, young and the brightest people out there-they will figure it out they are engineers.

#22     Aug 29, 2009
  3. Admit you were wrong.

[​IMG]

#23     Aug 29, 2009
  4. kaciara

kaciara

i'm long.

#24     Aug 30, 2009
  5. Tech doesn't generally work that way. Unless they do something utterly stupid, Google will continue to dominate its home turf markets. Their comeuppance will come as those markets mature and they fail to find new ones.

#25     Aug 30, 2009
  6. I think Google will continue to be a powerhouse but I believe that one day they will come under scrutiny from regulators and that really bad stuff will come out and the stock will take a huge hit or the company will be a shadow of what it is today.
    I suspect Google ad program may be just a gigantic scam, I have no idea how they are able to attract clients and pull that kind of money. Beyond that they are going to have some antitrust issues down the road and copyright issue with Youtube and their plan to publish every book on the net.

I hope they get stopped in their tracks because this company is a threat to our freedom .

#26     Aug 30, 2009
  7. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

i only wish i had bought more then 100 shares back last fall when the sky was falling.
    http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2193361#post2193361

also bought aapl and a little rimm at the same time for the long term (do a search in the stock thread for last fall). i stoppped myself out of half the position of rimm but stlll have all my aapl and goog.

#27     Aug 31, 2009
  8. GOOG is a great company for now. Its not going down today but sometime in the future it will go down tremendously and its at that time when you pounce. I am amazed at how much (ADD) attention deficit disorder traders have.

When you trade its not based on a day to day trading strategy its a trade that you watch and move on when the time is right.

Goog gets bad news and misses a report then you jump in. We are looking to short so let it go to 500 and then it becomes much more of winner from those levels.

If MSFT and APPL work against GOOG they won't survive. With the hand set entry they pissed of a lot of people.

#28     Sep 1, 2009
  9. Its about to rise and fall. great earnings mean good stock price appreciation. When Reality hits it should hit hard. How much more growth will they get from android?

Bing was a shot over google's shoulder. When apple comes out with Ouch then thats gonna be the next one.. OOPS maybe the cat is out of the bag.

I hope GOOG goes to 500 before I borrow the shares.

#29     Oct 14, 2009
  10. joe4422

joe4422

GOOG is a great company but their days of rapid growth are over, they're now a behemoth. Also 99% of their revenue is the clickable ads. If those fall, or if competitors steal some of their market share, it will directly affect their bottom line. Every 1% of the market they lose, takes 1% from their revenues. That's what makes them a dangerous investment.

#30     Oct 15, 2009