GOOG buys DoubleClick

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Party like 1999... :D

Google buys DoubleClick for $3.1 billion in cash

Transaction price to make big dent in Google's cash reserve

Still, Google is paying a large sum. <b>The transaction price is equal to most of the company's $3.54 billion cash reserve as of Dec. 31.</b>

Asked about the large price being paid for DoubleClick, Google Chief Executive Eric Schmidt said on a conference call that Google's board of directors "felt after a detailed financial analysis [that] <b>it's a very good deal for Google and our shareholders.</b>"

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...x?guid={688258ED-F4A5-43C4-9975-B312C7FEF516}

2. Double Click is about the only cookies I have my computer set to NOT accept. I just can't stand them and their ads.

When is GOOG to release earnings. Next Tuesday is it?

3. Paying top $ for a POS...

DoubleClick was founded in 1996 and went public in 1998. It had difficulties digesting a series of acquisitions and posted a loss of $917,000, or 1 cent a share, for the first quarter of 2005, just before it agreed to be taken private in April of that year.

4. Thanks and thanks also for that link.

5. A very godo purchase

Google is one step closer to owning the entire internet medium, which I am morally opposed to, but atleast I will make a lot of money in the process

long since $411

w3rd

6. Um, that looks like Thursday to me. Don't want anyone messing that one up.

7. OMG. You're right!

Great eye and thanks for the heads up!

I, for one, appreciate it!

8. Doubleclick only did $150 million in revenue? Quality not quantity, I guess :confused:

9. doubleclick is trash

period.

#10     Apr 13, 2007