GOOG: Bubble or This Time It's Different?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by The Kin, Nov 7, 2005.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

for u to invest $10k into a $100 billion mark cap company and expect to make $1million...well, just do the math....the company would need to be worth.. $1 cabillion-trillion-zillion dollars.

:D

#11     Nov 8, 2005
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

ooops... disregard my above post...

#12     Nov 8, 2005
  3. Google is an awesome company with legitimate growth prospects. If there's any stock to think about shorting, I'd seriously look at Ebay. Google plans to seriously challenge their market dominance with their new Craig's list/Ebay hybrid model and they are coming up with their version of paypal.

Mark my words!!!

#13     Nov 8, 2005
  4. it's bubble that's different this time.

#14     Nov 8, 2005

5. I agree they are one the best companies in the world.

But the stock is still overvalued.. and a very risky investment at these levels. Risk to reward is awefull.

#15     Nov 8, 2005
  6. There is no such time as overvalued for a growth stock. Growth stock always trading at a higher PE than value stocks.

Yes, the risk to reward ratio for the stock is aweful. But the reward is high when you trade their option and ssf.

#16     Nov 8, 2005
  7. keyser1

keyser1

you can't look at insider selling. Imagine you're an sw developer or mid level management making 60-120k a year, and now all of a sudden you have 1-5million in stock. You'd sell some too, regardless of whether it was going to go up/down/sideways. Why? cuz you have to enjoy life today.
    Now imagine you're an page or brin and have all of a sudden you have a net worth of 11billion. You'd be selling like crazy too -- why? cuz you've got planes to buy. also all your eggs in one basket, regardless of how that basket is isn't a good strategy.
    If I worked for google, and had more stock than my yearly salary, I would've sold half my stock as soon as I was allowed, cuz if it goes up I still have plenty left to profit from, and if it goes down, atleast my future is still bright.

#17     Nov 8, 2005
  8. :eek:

I strongly disagree. That's how a bubble can turn into a bloodbath! And Smart Money would just pick up the pieces with option plays.

#18     Nov 8, 2005
  9. Posts like this are a good sign that the dumb money is starting to pile on into GOOG.

Will be buying puts soon.

#19     Nov 8, 2005
  10. I view it differently.

I see a bright futures ahead for goog and 2 qts ago after missing revenue didn't drop much.

Even if the economy slows and forecast fall I don't expect a sudden drop in profits and it may play in goog hands;... at least it has so far: more people at home with less cash at hand, prolly surfing the net and shopping on ebay...

all good for internet stocks.

And anyway puts on goog have been expiring worthless month after month: the stock has rarely been down numbers justified by the premium you pay and back in march after mindblowing numbers it gained another 50% in no time.

#20     Nov 8, 2005