GOOG and SUN

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by oil_trader, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Let me get this right, you have a news conference, hype it up and the announcement is...

wait for it....

DRUMS ROLLING!!!!

When someone downloads the Google toolbar, they have the option of installing the Sun Java runtime

HOLLLLLEEEYY CRAP!!! WHAT A FREAKING MIRACLE!!! IT MUST HAVE TAKEN YEARS OF WORK BY THOUSANDS TO DO THAT!!!

MICROSOFT IS GOING DOWN!!!

HOW CAN MSFT COMPETE WHEN THE GOOGLE TOOLBAR AND JAVA RUNTIME CAN BE DOWNLOADED....

wait a minute...

wait a minute...

wait just a second....

here it comes!!!

AT ALMOST THE SAME TIME!!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!

GOOG AND SUN ARE LINK SWAPPING !!!!

THEY ARE CHANGING THE VERY FACE OF BUSINESS ITSELF!!

$500 PER SHARE HERE WE COME!!!!

better yet, when I clicked on the news conference link for the video, it gave me a file not found. So, I tried the higher bitrate one. That gave a file not found. Then I clicked it again and it worked. That's all after I had to putter around to find and download the Real player because, well, they couldn't have the option of Windows Video format.

That's SUNW for ya. You never really have to worry about "underpromise" or "overdeliver" when it comes to them.

And now the "analysts" are saying this competes with Microsoft office because of some StarOffice idiocy.

Those are the same guys who said the Segway would change the face of transportation.

Sometimes people are so stupid it makes me wonder who more people don't drown while taking a shower in the morning

2. The press reports this:

"Under the deal, the toolbar will be offered as part of the Java Runtime Engine.

Eventually, the Java component could be offered to users who download the free toolbar that offers quick access to Google search, spell checking and a popup blocker."

So, right now, its not link swapping (OMG! OMG! LINK SWAPPING!)

It's a one sided link swap. Sun will offer users who download the Java runtime the option of installing the Goolge toolbar.

and then "eventually" the Java component "could be offered to users" who download Google's toolbar.

That is, if they can do it before Sun is bankrupt.

EBay made the STUPIDEST PURCHASE EVER by buying Skype.

But Sun comes in second place for SPENDING ALL THEIR CASH WHICH IS BASICALLY ALL THE HAVE on that stupid storage company that will sink them.

Oh man, its a rough day dealing with stuff like this. I am almost ready to TRADE ANGRY again like I did with EBAY but I'm holding myself back.

3. keyser1

keyser1

laugh all you want...but goog is taking msft down...
    earlier in the summer msft execs (gates & balmer) were dissing goog (gates saying it was ridiciously overpriced, balmer saying it was only a search engine)...
    they were dissing goog cuz they were scared...
    we'll see what they have to say when goog starts cutting into their software revenues.

as jim cramer would say
    boo yah!

4. So how many shares are you long GOOG and @ what price?

5. keyser1

keyser1

originally bought at 190. added about 25% at 310