GOOG, AAPL and INTC ?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Peppy

Peppy

still think goog is over value in the long run. Already sold all my 400 puts and some 340 puts, still own a few 340 puts. If goog moves up more than 5% in less than 5 days, I might short it again.

#21     Feb 15, 2006
  2. Peppy

Peppy

After giving more thought, I bought a few feb 360 calls for .55 per contract. So now I have a strangle position (340 put and 360 call).

#22     Feb 15, 2006
  3. uh?
    what on earth are u gonna do with those calls, expiring in few days?
    The premium u paid is gonna go f**k even if the common is gonna kiss the strike at exp: theta pressure will make sure that they won't gain a dime.
    waste of money.

#23     Feb 15, 2006
  4. hajimow

hajimow

uh?
    what on earth are u gonna do with those calls, expiring in few days?
    The premium u paid is gonna go f**k even if the common is gonna kiss the strike at exp: theta pressure will make sure that they won't gain a dime.
    waste of money.

Definitely he knows that he is a kind of gambling and if he loses he won't hit his head to the wall!! I believe he is right and GOOG can have a big swing that might surprise everyone If GOOG closes at 362.5, he will get almost 500% gain in 3 days!!!.
    By the way the guy who wrote an article about GOOG that it is overvalued is a kind of backing off and saying that he said this when GOOG was at 475 and his article was published later. That might have a positive effect on GOOG. I could also see the buying pressure from Wednesday.

#24     Feb 16, 2006

5. did you read the latest edition of Barron's on GOOG? I wouldn't buy it....

#25     Feb 16, 2006
  6. hajimow

hajimow

did you read the latest edition of Barron's on GOOG? I wouldn't buy it....

Did you also read his interview on Marketwatch yesterday? He said my article was old and when I said that GOOG was at 475 and blu blu blu.....

#26     Feb 16, 2006
  7. hajimow

hajimow

Having said that, I still believe GOOG will close below 350 by option expiry date.

#27     Feb 16, 2006
  8. novel20

novel20

:D

#28     Feb 16, 2006
  9. hajimow

hajimow

When I said it will close below 350, it was already at 360. I believe today shorts were caught by a correction that I felt it is happening two days ago. Shorts were caught as longs were caught when it dropped. I think it will gradually give back its gain till tomorrow. The guy who bought calls at 55 cents got 900% profit in a day !!!

#29     Feb 16, 2006
  10. looks like your gamble paid off:
    those c are quoted @3.80/4.00 now

nice trade

#30     Feb 16, 2006