goog - a bloodbath in the making

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by dividend, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Click fraud.

It's burbled up in the media morass a bit, but doesn't get any play. Someone big is going to get hit eventually, and Google will be in trouble. They have no reason to really fight it especially as I'm sure their collection of geniuses can cover it up. "Do no evil," well, we'll see.

Apart from that, or maybe, once they get a $100 haircut, I would buy the company, not for the ad business, but for the collection of brains they have. I don't think anyone in tech has the brainpower they are amassing.

#41     Jun 4, 2005
  2. Maybe the price already compensates for the fraud.

You ever consider that?

Good luck on the $100 discount.

#42     Jun 4, 2005
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

At some point GOOG probably trades at a $150 to $200 discount from these prices. However, that doesnt mean it wont trade $200 or $300 higher first. All mania's end badly. All of them have limited days, even GOOG.

Brandon

#43     Jun 4, 2005

4. So you're on record as saying GOOG has a better than 50% chance of trading 60-75% lower than it is now. And that possibly after an even greater run up, which puts it in nearly the same class as CMGI, JDSU, etc.

I don't see it, and certainly not as a LIKELY scenario. I use GOOG 200 times a day, every day, as do many others.

I think you are mistaken. What timeframe would you use to consider this position right/wrong? Infinity is too long as I don't get the chance to say told you so, unless we meet on the other side.

#44     Jun 5, 2005
  5. kinda funny how people just shut up after they get smacked up

search engines have been around since control f. lol. but its different this time :)

the future is going to be "smart" search engines like smart routing for traders... that combine yahoo, msn, goob, and everything else

#45     Jun 15, 2005
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

goog gunna go much higher in the long term. could well be a split b4 hand.

just my idle speculation based on the chart.

it aint over til its over - and there are no technical signs of a top or a climax yet.

#46     Jun 15, 2005
  7. i remember everyone was looking for the climax to the 02 bottom.
    if u scan the ET forum to oct '02 u will see that nearly everyone was calling for a spectacular (pretcher like) crash and on hanging on the fence waiting for that magical capitulation... of course everyone was wrong... the same will happen here.

btw in the long term everything goes up

#47     Jun 16, 2005
  8. Even Brandon the Guru too?

#48     Jun 16, 2005
  9. keyser1

keyser1

Goog $30 a share fair value?

http://www.hussmanfunds.com/wmc/wmc050613.htm

Dr Hussman says --
    "I'd currently estimate its value somewhere in the $30's. No zero is missing in that last sentence"

Which would give goog a pe of 11.8 and a forward pe of 4.5.
    Does anyone get how he could possibly figure goog should be valued at $30? He's either a genius or a complete moron. Either way I hope he's shorting the hell out of goog cuz if he thinks this stock is overvalued by a factor of 9.5 - 10, he should be loading up on the short position.

#49     Jun 16, 2005
  10. current 60 mins goog chart, FYI

#50     Jun 16, 2005