goog - a bloodbath in the making

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by dividend, Jun 1, 2005.

1. flat5

flat5

Google 36,000!

#21     Jun 1, 2005
  2. VictorS

VictorS

not a GOOG follower, but I see the CEO has slowly built up cash in May by selling GOOG, especially on May 24

#22     Jun 1, 2005
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I know, and the uhm and ahhs. I'm really working on both :)

Brandon

#23     Jun 1, 2005
  4. froggie

froggie

thats exactly what I have been saying all along kicking. This is a bullshit setup by the insiders just the way they setup worthless tasr, tzoo, and others...Just remember, on every upgrade, the brokers, dealers, and insiders are selling millions to poor retail bag holders.

Dean

#24     Jun 1, 2005
  5. Google is like Paris Hilton.

Everyone talks about her, yet nobody knows what she really does for a living.

And some say that what's hidden beneath the public appearance stinks tremendously.

#25     Jun 3, 2005
  6. I would love to know who is buying size between 285 and 290? Is it the shorts from the 265 range? This stock is the classic " I should of just bought some around a $100 and put a stop at $98 and roll the dice" Whether it goes Higher or lower is anyone's guess but I guarantee that this stock has lost people just as many millions as it has made people.

#26     Jun 3, 2005
  7. :) remember DCLK? they also "owned" internet advertising. Granted GOOG makes a ton of money and they are growing incredibly fast or so they say- I haven 't actually delved into their numbers- but this growth rate is probably not sustainable, above all this parabolic rise is not sustainable, big long term winners climb steadily, they don't go parabolic. Couple that with the bubble mentality surrounding that company, the way the GOOG mgmt promotes the company and has engineered a rising stock price and nice exit for the insiders, while at the same time being not very transparent it speaks for itself. Lots of hot air in there . I admit I still wonder what 's so special about them. What has prevented Yahoo or Altavista to do the same thing? not to mention MSFT
    what 's the big deal about desktop search ? others can do that as well. it's a lot of very shrewd buzzword promotion, sort of like AAPl

#27     Jun 3, 2005
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

not to mention its size...78 billion market cap...i mean sheesh at this pace it will surpass all 100 nazies in market cap combined in a couple of months..it just put 13 billion in 6-7 days...:eek: I mean how big is the internet ad market and whats the hurdle for entry?

#28     Jun 3, 2005
  9. 10:04 GOOG Google target raised $350 at UBS (289.00 +1.18)

UBS raises their tgt on GOOG to $350 from $275, citing the following factors: 1) firm just spent two days in London at a search conference, and came away impressed with GOOG's dominance of European mindshare; 2) firm has increased their 2006 estimates based on increased int'l growth rates; and 3) firm continues to believe that current consensus ests are conservative for 2005-06.

Stock upticked .40 on this, then reversed.

Hospice?

#29     Jun 3, 2005
  10. mokwit

mokwit

One question: When does the insider lock up end? (Assuming it hasn't been worked around).

#30     Jun 3, 2005