goog - a bloodbath in the making

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by dividend, Jun 1, 2005.

1. da-net

da-net

Look at this article from Schaeffers Research Gold.

"Everybody's Talking 'Bout Google
    CNN/Money
    "Bowling for Google"
    Published: 5/25/2005

Brief Summary:
    The article looks at the prospects of Google (GOOG: sentiment, chart, options) hitting $300 a share and the stock's potential inclusion in the S&P 500. The usual items are included: valuation, price-to-earnings ratio (current and forward), and comparisons with Yahoo!.

Contrarian Takeaway:

There is no denying that GOOG has been on fire since going public last August. However, what was once a "wall of worry" constructed with analyst opinion and the negative media take is now positively skewed. The current analyst ratings show 16 "buy" ratings, four "hold" ratings, and zero "sell" ratings. The equity's short-interest ratio is a paltry 0.80, meaning that the number of shares sold short could be covered in less than one day of typical volume.

The speculation that GOOG will be added to the S&P 500 Index has fueled the most recent rally, and that decision will probably come about sooner rather than later, but that may be the final crescendo for the stock. The buying pressure that would occur with news that the stock was being added to the SPX could be the last big volume spike, given that a short-covering rally isn't going to occur. I am thinking that an announcement with this news might present the perfect shorting opportunity.

Rick Pendergraft (rpendergraft@sir-inc.com)"

#11     Jun 1, 2005
  2. GOOG will be a scary ending. I would not short it but I would not be long it either. I don’t care what anyone tells me in the GOOG cult it’s not worth the market cap. It’s worth 30 billion more then YHOO be real. I think YHOO is the best name in the business. It’s like owning a CBS or NBC on the internet.

#12     Jun 1, 2005
  3. cmk

cmk

I see you obviously understand where googles reveue comes from.

#13     Jun 1, 2005
  4. my sentiments, exactly.. i'll go further and say i believe we are at the cusp of an enormous global economic expansion.

#14     Jun 1, 2005
  5. Please...

I'm no fan of Google either buy saying Yahoo is the best name in the business is outright silly.

#15     Jun 1, 2005
  6. Yeah. Like MAMA. lol, you be right.

Problem is I use GOOG 99.99999% of the time.

And I am my own benchmark for greatness.

#16     Jun 1, 2005
  7. Aaron

Aaron

I agree that it is a very good video. Thanks, Brandon!

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

#17     Jun 1, 2005
  8. I like to short, but as a rule I don't touch 3 digits stocks in either direction. It used to be hedge funds would sometimes step up and take a risky position such as shorting GOOG. But my intuition tells me the hedge funds are exposed to risk by pumping money long into the Nasdaq blue chips. Personally, I believe the ripening shorts are the Nasdaq blue chips and the retailers such as BBY.

#18     Jun 1, 2005
  9. flat5

flat5

Brandon,

If you're planning on going professional with these videos at some point, here's a tip that you may want to consider: I think you'd sound a lot more polished without the smacking. I don't say this to be petty, I think you've got a nice delivery, but the mouth smacking habit definitely detracts from the quality of the presentation. I know it may be a hard habit to break. I've got my own idiosyncracies that I have to fight when I am speaking.

JMHO.

#19     Jun 1, 2005
  10. It has nothing to do about search engines..It's all about GOOGLE ADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Record amounts of money is being spent on Internet Advertising and most of this money is going to Google via their GOOGLE ADS....

For now, GOOGLE OWNS the online advertising business...anyone shorting Google at this time would be better to jump out the window right now.....don't try to predict what the market will do next...just follow the tape, prices and the trend and if anyone can't see clearly that Googles tape, price and trend is UP, UP, UP then they need to get their eyesight checked.

#20     Jun 1, 2005