GoodPunk6's Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by GoodPunk6, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys!

I feel a little sleepy this morning. I need to stick to a strict sleeping schedule...

#51     Nov 18, 2004
  2. Wow!!

Today was boring as all hell. NT was printing 10 trades every minute or so......I was going insane. I was negative for most of the day until the close.

I made $173 and spent about $162 making it. With SEC fees I probably ended down for the day......that seems to be "erking" me.

I was averaging about 3 executions to get in, and 2 to get out. Definetly not a good day on commissions.

#52     Nov 18, 2004
  3. Hey guys,

I feel good this morning. Hopefully I won't get ticketed to death like yesterday.

Yesterday my boss helped us setup speed keys for all of the exchanges. This should help with order entry. Good trading!

#53     Nov 19, 2004
  4. Well guys,

Not a bad day at all. VERY Boring though..... the morning was slow, but the afternoon was much better. I made $248 and spent $130 making it. I can sense that my trading decisions are becoming more disciplined. I'm actually net positive for the week.

26 buy trades, 24 sell trades and 60,800 shares traded. All in all, not a bad day.

#54     Nov 19, 2004
  5. Hey everybody!

I'm very excited today! I'll be trading 3500 shares a pop today! I'm in a positive frame of mind and I feel motivated. I have to remember to be resilient to loss. I'm trading more shares now, which means that I can lose more. Wow. Just to think that when I started here I was trading 500 shares a trade.

I'm still learning and I'm still VERY far from being consistently profitable. I shouldn't think that I have learned a great deal. Although I have learned a lot, I still don't know as much as I should know. I have to have respect for the market. If I don't, the market will teach it to me. The lessons of becoming profitable come in time so patience is key.

#55     Nov 22, 2004
  6. I made $343 and spent $181 making it.

I could have made more, but I got ticketed to death today!! I have 33 buy trades, 25 sell trades. I traded 129,400 shares today. I took way too many flats today. This morning was very slow, I should have avoided trading when it was barely printing. I need to be aware of the time of day. Discipline,.....I need more discipline.

You know, I say that like its tangible. Discipline comes with time and patience. Patience is key. I'm normally not very patient, but I have no choice. Perhaps the patience that the market teaches me will come easier in the other apects of life.

#56     Nov 22, 2004
  7. Nice work today. Was that your most profitable day yet?

Are you still only trading LU because it seems to be having a higher range lately in this up trend. Something to consider.

ae_trading

#57     Nov 22, 2004
  8. Hey guys!

Ae trading, I believe you're right. Yesterday was probably the most profitable day I've had. If it wasn't, then it was the 2nd most profitable day. If I trade well this week, I may even take a paycheck home on the 10th.

I feel a little tired this morning, but I'm sure that a cup of coffee will wake me up. Which reminds me, I have to avoid drinking coffee before the market opens. Coffee seems to, "loosen" me up in the morning. So in other words, it's like a race with the devil to the bathroom shortly after the open. Perhaps if I drink it right at the open, I'll have to go a little later than usual, after I get a trades off.

Good trading!

#58     Nov 23, 2004
  9. Alright guys,....

I made $299 and spent about $192 making it. I took way too many flats today. NT is trading decently so I know its me. I need to be more aware of the prints.....I need to remember to read and watch the prints like a hawk.

I had 30 buy executions and 31 sell executions and I traded 142,200 shares today.

I'm not sure if I'm happy with today's results. I'm glad that I've made at least $100 profit but I know that there's room for improvement. I wish I could trade all day......

#59     Nov 23, 2004
  10. Hey guys!

Well, tomorrow is Thanksgiving!!! I'll be full of turkey and beer!!

As I'm typing this, CNBC is saying that today will be slow. I don't doubt that at all.

I feel a little sleepy this morning. Geez, I always watch "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" before I go to bed. Maybe I should give up watching the show and just go to sleep at 11 or 10:30. I think 11 would be optimal because I wake up at 7am. Whatever.....

Good Trading!

#60     Nov 24, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.