GoodPunk6's Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by GoodPunk6, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys

Well today is pretty cool. I came in today with a positive frame of mind and it is showing so far today. I'm up $99 and have spent about $63 making it. I am sure that my recent success is attributed to my newly found resilience to loss. I find myself saying, "It's the cost of doing business," quite often. So far so good.

chrisofj - Will I owe them, yes. I eventually will have to make the defecit back. But hopefully by that time, I'll be more profitable. There's a lot of flexablilty here so that's not really a concern of mine.

#31     Nov 8, 2004
  2. Hey guys,

Well, I have to say today was a good day. I made $146 and spent about $82 making it. I can definetly sense that I am mentally tougher against loss. In fact, tomorrow I'll be trading 2500 shares a pop.

Well, so far, I've been gross positive 18 out of 20 days and I've grossed positive $900 dollars within that time. I have ONLY traded NT and LU. This is my first month trading, so how does everybody think I'm doing so far?

****my previous post was meant to be lunch nov 9

#32     Nov 8, 2004
  3. I hope you keep posting, this thread is a relief from the usual whining on other lists. I'm curious to hear your next step with the size and I suppose other stocks soon.

#33     Nov 8, 2004
  4. DblArrow

DblArrow

So you are trading tommorrow, today?

Make 'em pretty, Chris

#34     Nov 8, 2004
  5. Uhh....sorry. You're right!!!

#35     Nov 8, 2004
  6. Hey guys!

Well, I have to say today is going to be an exciting day! I'll be trading 2500 shares a pop. My share size is up from 1500. My boss feels that I have become good enough to take on the extra size. I feel that way too.

I have to remember that shrugging off the loss or flat is the key. I have to keep watching the prints and not feel intimidated. The prerequisite to success is risk.

No one has answered my question on how I'm doing so far. A quick opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Good trading!

#36     Nov 9, 2004
  7. Hey guys,

Well, today was wild. Today's lesson is DON'T MAKE KEYBOARD ERRORS!!! I got short, and covered above the price I got in at. It cost me $50. But either way, I was back in the game in the very next trade. Like I've said before, I'm DEFINTELY getting more resilient against loss. Although today was a good day, I kept getting bullshit fills. I made $166 today and spent $152 making it. Hey, at least I'm net positive. Today was a good day!

#37     Nov 9, 2004
  8. Hey guys,

Well today should be interesting. I purchase the highly anticipated Halo 2 and I must say that it is INCREDIBLE! It is so incredible that I decided to sacrifice my brain cells for 6 incredible hours of online multiplayer bashing. As a result, I feel a little tired this morning. I've got a cup of coffee, some water, and a burning desire to trade this morning. I'm motivated today!

I have to remember to AVOID MAKING KEYBOARD ERRORS!!!

#38     Nov 10, 2004
  9. Hey guys!

Wow. Today was SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW!!! Once the Fed raised the fed funds rate, there was some serious volatility. It's not like it really mattered since I've been trading NT. But the prints were very readable. Which brings me to my next endeavour.....find a website or service of some sort that keeps a record of the time and sales for NT and the S&P futures.

Well guys. I made $107 and spent $60 making it. Not bad for a REALLY slow day.

#39     Nov 10, 2004
  10. I gotta check that game out. Sounds like you're doing good.

#40     Nov 10, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.