Goodbye!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TT1, Oct 17, 2008.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Damn, Am I the only one finding this letter uber childish? Defending weed in his last letter to his investors...A 50 something hippie teenager...

I cant' see PTJ or Simmons being so irrespectful with their investors, and they aren't basing their success on 2 year track record.

The guy is super smart though. He wasn't apparently much of a trader ( just seeing how he talks about his business ), got lucky/had intuition on one bet and retired...Congrats but there is no "hero" here.

#41     Oct 26, 2009
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

"The evil female plant -- marijuana. It gets you high, it makes you laugh, it does not produce a hangover. Unlike alcohol, it does not result in bar fights or wife beating."

A Hero...

Disclaimer : Im not against or for the use of weed, I just fucking don't care, especially in a fund manager letter to investors...

#42     Oct 26, 2009
  3. telience

telience

"for his unvarnished praised of super douchebag SOROS."

Than you'll be happy to know he didn't praise Soros. In fact, really, he kind of made fun of him if you re-read it.

Anyways, he got lucky. I like Buffet because he has the humility to understand that he was just the right guy at the right time. Bill Gates gets this too.

#43     Oct 26, 2009