Goodbye to rip-off Britain

Discussion in 'Economics' started by 2cents, Mar 31, 2008.

1. magari

magari

Ha ha Yes Time to start docking pocket money and grounding them

#51     Apr 1, 2008
  2. magari

magari

IMHO Boris will be disastrous.

He will not have the balls to stand up to central committee Tories or government to make choices that are good for London at the expense of his party.
    He is foremost a national politician.

For all his faults I don’t think anyone can argue that Livingston did not put London ahead of party politics and he was never shy to make unpopular decisions.

At the end of the day they are all politicians and they are all in it to build their own agendas; very seldom do their agendas fit with what is best for the people who elected them.
    I say vote to keep boris on Have I Got News For You.

#52     Apr 1, 2008
  3. just21

just21

PMQ's today is Boris v Harbint at 12:00. I wonder if he asks her why she needs to wear a stab proof vest to walk around her own constituency!

#53     Apr 1, 2008
  4. I agree, all valid points, I just like Boris.

He was great on Have I Got News, I saved it. Apparantly he's one of the top earners from his spin-off activities.

Is that live on BBC2, gotta watch that!

#54     Apr 1, 2008
  5. just21

just21

BBC2, Sky News, News 24, BBC Parliament, C-Span. The humiliation is global.

#55     Apr 1, 2008
  6. hehe :)

#56     Apr 1, 2008
  7. just21

just21

#57     Apr 1, 2008
  8. they're both still going.. Viz is worth the price for Rogers' Profanisaurus alone!

#58     Apr 1, 2008
  9. Humpy

Humpy

Surprised you lot from across the pond dont recognise a spin-off from yourselves. Our masses have been apeing the worst of the USA for the last 50 years. Got hooked by good stuff like Elvis and went on to the greater heights of crack cocaine etc. etc.
    You even bought our dear Prime Minister - I forget how much JP Morgan pay him now and that there's his other wad of income from a Swiss Bank, rumoured to be from the Kremlin ! But then he needs to pay for his expensive properties, like Connaught Square and the others.
    Surely we don't begrudge the Speaker of Parliament the million plus refurbishment, do we ? Us 'umble peasants have no right to have a look at MPs expense accounts - paid for by that rare breed called the taxpayer. And why not - cos they say's so. That's why !!
    But are they not doing a great job ? The leader of the House of Commons was really only kidding when she wore a bullet proof vest to walk about in South London yesterday - wasn't she ?
    Let's hope that there isn't a George W clone waiting in the wings somewhere to finish us off !!

#59     Apr 1, 2008
  10. Kap

Kap

oh my .. "coont" - northern equivalent to the southern "Caant", (cunt).. very offensive out loud in public.

I was thinking cunt of all cunts was a bit harsh ! :D

#60     Apr 1, 2008