Goodbye to rip-off Britain

Discussion in 'Economics' started by 2cents, Mar 31, 2008.

1. USD. We'll be in rate hiking cycle before too long in the US.

American's will express their discontent with inflation in November.

#11     Mar 31, 2008
  2. You're kidding me, in comparison to London and the Home Counties any major town north of Watford Gap has extremely high unemployment, high crime rates, a lower spend on public amenities, highest statistics for drug and alcohol abuse among adults and children, generally poorer diet and shorter life expectancy, highest cases of MRSA in hospitals, lower academic scores, highest suicide, highest cases of clinical depression, worse roads, the list goes on and on.....the North, the land that time and pretty much every elected government forgot, no-one in the south gives a shit about ex-miners and ex-shipworkers or the flat cap and whippet brigade!

That article is great but the author obviously doesn't realize how Londoners get around things like parking tickets and congestion charges. This is where those friendly, relaxed, healthy, and fun-loving Northerners come in handy, we just clone the registration number of some poor Northern sucker's car and they get the bill :p

The UK in general is in the shitter for the majority of honest tax-paying citizens who rely on the NHS for medical care and the police for protection. Anyone with any money has private medical insurance and lives in areas patrolled by a private security company and they probably don't pay any tax because they're non-doms! Most of the corporates are registered in some tax haven! As far as trading goes, I think we're the only country to have spread-betting, gains are totally tax free!

No wonder the government coffers are empty, they're spending all their (spare) cash on pointless wars in places like Iraq, second homes for MP's, and the rest goes on paying people not to work!

#12     Mar 31, 2008
  3. mokwit

mokwit

The north = people wearing blue anoraks

#13     Mar 31, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

A better bet is Americans expressing their "hope for a handout".

#14     Mar 31, 2008
  5. We're very close to the day when 50.01% of the electorate votes for "I want your's....."

#15     Mar 31, 2008
  6. The Scots are pushing for independence from the rest of the U.K. and Brown is shitting himself incase it happens...we got the oil, and when that gets sucked dry we then got the water...plenty of it!

Mwohahahahaa..

#16     Mar 31, 2008
  7. lol :D

Hey no problem, we'll just give George a buzz and invade the place, you can keep the haggis (haggises? haggae?) though, unless I can run my car on it? WTF is a haggis anyway, is it like a small furry animal?

Oh hang on, you've got all the distilleries up there, better make that an invasion and occupation........

#17     Mar 31, 2008
  8. And, not to forget, the deep fried mars bar!

#18     Mar 31, 2008
  9. Arnie

Arnie

I read somewhere the other day that for the first time, there are more Americans employed by government than the private sector. Scary.

#19     Mar 31, 2008
  10. Och aye, goes down nice with a fish supper and a wee dram!

#20     Mar 31, 2008