Goodbye Middle Class: Half Of All American Workers Made Less Than $34,248.45 Last Year

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, Oct 15, 2020.

1. I see people knocking ZeroHedge. IMO, they do so with a prejudiced view and which is mostly inaccurate.

#21     Oct 16, 2020
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

no, they do so because zerohedge are mostly opinion pieces with injected prejudice to begin with. Anyone quoting zerohedge should just quote the original article ZH often references/retitles and save people the trouble of clicking twice.

#22     Oct 16, 2020
  3. virtusa

virtusa

Why don't they mention the source of their information? Or did they invent the numbers themselves?

#23     Oct 16, 2020
  4. Many of the items on ZH are simply news stories. Not "made up" at all. If you search the web, you'll find news stories posted other places. ZH simply reported the story... many times a story the Lefty MSM "censors" by not mentioning it.

Of course there are some opinion pieces on ZH, but they're not "mostly" opinion pieces.

ZH does NOT just make things up... not at all... though some people seem to think they do! (Unless you want to claim an opinion piece by Tyler Durden as "made up". Maybe ALL opinion pieces have a bit of "made up" in them... reflecting something about the writer's conjecture... same goes for opinion pieces from the Left, you know.)

And ZH appears* to be "right wing". Thank goodness they are! Of course some people will disagree with me on that. Perhaps they don't understand the concept of "right wing" at all? Perhaps it's because ZH will print stories and opinion pieces that the MSM censors? (You know, Marxists and Nazis are typically and erroneously described as "right wing". They are in fact, at the FAR LEFT of the political spectrum.)

*mostly to those who "don't know their right from their left"

#24     Oct 16, 2020
    Axon and Specterx like this.
  5. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

80s was definitely the best for movies. Best decade for video games still TBD.

#25     Oct 16, 2020
  6. Sig

Sig

Fantasy land is this false equivalence argument you're making. An assertion that "Trump has brought back 11,000 of the 63,000 factories lost" is a quantitative, data based assertion that can easily be investigated and shown to be true, false, or misleading with the reasons it's misleading provided. If ZH isn't posting the source data for something that's so easy to check (heck I post source data for any assertions like that I make here on ET and I'm just a poster) then they're not an objective source, full stop. Their failure in no way reflects on any other publication's accuracy in reporting, and making the assertion that all "News outlets are propaganda machines." on the basis of a right wing news outlet acting as a propaganda machine really impresses no one.

At the end of the day, absent some data to support it, the whole "11,000 of the 63,000 factories lost" thing is complete and utter bullshit.

#26     Oct 16, 2020
    Cuddles and virtusa like this.
  7. Arnie

Arnie

#27     Oct 16, 2020
  8. Sig

Sig

#28     Oct 16, 2020
  9. Arnie

Arnie

Well, I don't know that it does. That's why I asked. It seems to me something happened in the mid 70's re the middle class and wages. Or, it's just a coincidence?

[​IMG]

#29     Oct 16, 2020
  10. virtusa

virtusa

This chart confirms what I posted in posting #14:"Worldwide poverty went down, but the middle class lost buying power since the 80's."

Above statement was made by my teacher Economy when I was at the University in '77.

#30     Oct 16, 2020