GOODBYE HFT - EU Lawmakers Seek High-Frequency Trade Curbs in Markets Law

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by THE-BEAKER, Sep 28, 2012.

1. can you speak at the frequency of an auctioneer? or is that cheating?

#11     Sep 28, 2012
  2. UPDATE:

No phones allowed.

Retail may not have fair access to "low latency" touch-tone phones.

All transactions to be executed by semaphore & courier pigeon.

#12     Sep 28, 2012

3. Remote control planes then?

#13     Sep 28, 2012
  4. No way, man.

Once HFT is banned, emg will be starting threads titled "95% of small traders win! They just win!"

If I were one of the traders who just knows for a fact that without HFT in the markets, I'd be profitable, I'd go out and buy a nice Ferrari in anticipation of my soon-to-be wealth.

#14     Sep 28, 2012
  5. +1

Evil genius at work!

#15     Sep 28, 2012
  6. hft_boy

hft_boy

No, no, that won't work. What will happen when somebody figures out that some pigeons are lower latency than other pigeons?!

#16     Sep 29, 2012
  7. Then you tax everyone, to slow the birds? :confused:

#17     Sep 29, 2012
  8. hft_boy

hft_boy

LOL

#18     Sep 29, 2012
  9. Those who oppose HFT should post what you think your profits will be like once it's banned. 100%/year? 1000%? 10,000%?

Since you know that it's HFT and only HFT that puts you in the losing trader category, you must have some idea of how big a winner you'd be when it's gone.

Please, enlighten the rest of us.

#19     Sep 29, 2012
  10. That is about the jist of it. I am sure the PPT uses the same technology. The funny thing is it is so easy to back door these operations into the common market under a different name and location. This will not stop HFT activities nor will it correct the issue. Adaptive technologies could mitigate the issue but you not stop human greed.

#20     Sep 30, 2012