Good ways to buy gold?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by tha_waco_kid, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Ok and if Tulving.com or APMEX or bulliondirect declares bankruptcy on you, how would that make it any different? Are you implying that he lied about the bankruptcy of his business to get away with 100s of orders that he did not have to fulfill? What is stopping any other reputable dealer from doing the same?

What happened to you is what essentially happens during a bankruptcy. No reason to expect EBay or Paypal to cover everyone's losses in that case.

My general point is to do your due diligence whether Ebay or any other venue for bullion & coins. There are plenty of Ebay sellers on whose auctions I decide not to bid after looking through their history. Just like most of the dealers out there, internet or physical shops, I would not even buy an ounce of silver from.

#21     Sep 6, 2009

2. Yes there is a premium but i was referring to holding gold as a long term holding. If you were to hold a gold etf for lets say 10 years. at 40 bps that adds up quickly. There will be an inflection point with the premium vs. the annual fee.

#22     Sep 6, 2009
  3. plan

plan

only ETF you need is GDX which are the gold miners, and which as a group moves much better than GLD

#23     Sep 6, 2009
  4. I could not believe you are that simple-minded. And annoyingly persistent in your simplicity.

When YOU become a treasure trove of every company's list of complaints, then you can drone on with stupid statements such as above. As if you provide public data every time you post???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

In the meantime, you can join the ignore list, reserved for those trying to make the list of "ET dumb posts of the week."

#24     Sep 7, 2009
  5. In other words, you're talking out of your ass, as usual. Keep pumping that shady bullionvault.com

#25     Sep 8, 2009