Good Trading Quotable Quotes

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tyrant, Dec 24, 2005.

1. IllusioN

IllusioN

"Seek not happiness to greedily and be not fearful of unhappiness."
    - Lao-Tse, Chinese philosopher

#41     Dec 28, 2005
  2. calends

calends

Pay attention or pay the offer.

#42     Dec 28, 2005
  3. tyrant

tyrant

"If a trader hasn't neutralized his susceptibility to give his winnings back to the market, then he is not what I define as a successful trader."

Mark Douglas, Trading In The Zone

#43     Dec 28, 2005
  4. tyrant

tyrant

"The markets are always changing, and they are always the same."

Jack D. Schwager

#44     Dec 28, 2005
  5. tyrant

tyrant

"When you are in a losing streak, your ability to properly assimilate and analyze information starts to become distorted because of the impairment of the confidence factor, which is a by-product of a losing streak. You have to work very hard to restore that confidence, and cutting back trading helps achieve that goal."

Bill Lipschutz

#45     Dec 29, 2005
  6. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation begets disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C equals A, or… whatever.
    - Georgia Lass

You don't get to control any outcome, only every choice you make along the way.
    - Stephen Paul

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.
    - Charles Darwin

You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him to find it within himself.
    - Galileo

Knowing is not enough; We must Apply. Willing is not enough; We must Do.
    - Goethe

We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment.
    - E James Rohn

You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
    - Albert Einstein

"if you are first in the days of sorrow, you will be first in the days of happieness, and that's tomorrow"
    - anonymous

i am trying to convert myself into what quote #1 is saying. and that quote was from a short lived TV series you guys might enjoy.

#46     Dec 29, 2005
  7. This is my personal favorite and I coined it MYSELF.

Prepare to React

:)

#47     Dec 29, 2005
  8. tyrant

tyrant

"When you are in a losing streak, your ability to properly assimilate and analyze information starts to become distorted because of the impairment of the confidence factor, which is a by-product of a losing streak. You have to work very hard to restore that confidence, and cutting back trading helps achieve that goal."

Bill Lipschutz

#48     Dec 30, 2005
  9. My favorite trading quote is as follows:

"Don't touch F1, I have it programmed to...I said
    don't touch that.....no, NO, Noooo!!! Dammit.... What is wrong with you!!!!

This quote from my mentor more than 13 years ago, as I "inadvertently" bought 30 million in what used to called "D Marks". The trade actually resulted in a small profit....:(

Thank you

and thank you George wherever you are, for not firing my ass.

Steve.

#49     Dec 30, 2005
  10. Yannis

Yannis

"The trend is MY friend" :)

#50     Dec 30, 2005