Good Trading Quotable Quotes

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tyrant, Dec 24, 2005.

1. theSnaggle

theSnaggle Guest

You mean Jesse Livermore, right?

#31     Dec 27, 2005
  2. tyrant

tyrant

Yes.

Author Edwin Lefevre was a journalist who spent several weeks interviewing the great stock market speculator Jesse Livermore for the book, "Reminiscences Of A Stock Operator". It is a fictionalized account of Jesse Livermore's career as a trader, narrated in the first person using the pseudonym Larry Livingstone.

#32     Dec 27, 2005
  3. tyrant

tyrant

"The markets are not random. I don't care if the number of academicians who have argued the efficient market hypothesis would stretch to the moon and back if laid end to end; they are simply wrong. The markets are not random, because they are based on human behavior, and human behavior, especially mass behavior, is not random. It never has been, and it probably never will be."

Jack D. Schwager

#33     Dec 27, 2005
  4. tyrant

tyrant

"If most traders would learn to sit on their hands 50 per cent of the time, they would make a lot more money."

Bill Lipschutz

#34     Dec 27, 2005
  5. money

#35     Dec 27, 2005
  6. "you're gonna eat lightning and crap thunder"

-Mick (Rocky I & II)

can be associated with trading if your mind lets it:p

#36     Dec 28, 2005
  7. "When you can learn to balance a tackhammer on your head, you'll head off your foes with a balanced attack."

- The Sphinx

#37     Dec 28, 2005
  8. tyrant

tyrant

"All men can see those tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved."

Sun-Tzu, The Art Of War

#38     Dec 28, 2005
  9. "You can be greedy and still feel good about yourself"
    -Ivan Boesky

#39     Dec 28, 2005
  10. duard

duard

"Sometimes it takes two flushes to dunk a turd."

Anonymous

#40     Dec 28, 2005