Good Trading Book for Beginner

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mACcAboy, Jul 7, 2005.

1. High Probability Trading by Marcel Link

Dancing with Lions by Trader X

#81     Jul 13, 2005
  2. hcour

hcour Guest

I'm not familiar w/them. You might ask on the Yahoo group.

H

#82     Jul 14, 2005
  3. TGM

TGM

#83     Jul 15, 2005
  4. nito

nito

5. nixad

nixad

How technical analysis works by Bruce M. Kamich

#85     Sep 16, 2005
  6. I agree, Trading Day by Day is one of the best. And I've read a ton of trading books. It's not about day-trading, but walks you through end-of-day charts one day at a time to look for good entry points.

I liked his first book, too. That one (Intelligent Futures Trading)got me started using the SMR indicators. I suggest going straight to Trading Day By Day, though.

And finally, it looks like SMR is moving out of the paper-chart stone age. I've been beta-testing their new software, and WOW! It lets you step a day at a time through any chart, and study the oscillator action. I think it's a really good tool for getting a feel for the indicators, and how well they anticipate future market action.

They're looking for more beta testers, too.

#86     Nov 14, 2005
  7. TGM

TGM

I have not talked to brad lately. What is the software like? Is it the CQG deal? I have the indicators programmed myself with buy and sells. I have it done for a handfull of software---I am currently using my favorite ---Ensign.

#87     Nov 14, 2005
  8. TGM,

This is new software that is not associated with CQG. As I understand it, it will take the place of the paper charts and on-line charts. For those who still want to plot paper charts by hand, the software prints charts in the familiar SMR graph format, and of course it displays charts on the screen. So you can have the charts either way, paper or electronic, (or both).

I am in touch with the developer, and I can get you his e-mail if you'd like. He has given me to permission to give it out to interested traders. Like I said, he's looking for some more Beta testers.

#88     Nov 14, 2005
  9. TGM

TGM

Where does the data come from? How much do they plan on charging? Chick is going to flip that he cannot get his chartbook!! Yes, send me his email.

Does the software include Eurex? SMR needs to add more markets.

#89     Nov 15, 2005
  10. Data: the software downloads the data from SMR's own server. No separate data service is needed.

Cost: Brad tells me the cost will be the same as the paper-charts subscription. The plan now is for the software and any software updates & support to be included, no extra charges.

Chick's gonna flip: He can print as many chart books as he wants from his own printer with the new software, provided he breaks down and buys a PC. The printed charts look just the same as the old-style.

Markets: I know the developer also wants to see more contract months for futures, and greater selection of stocks. (so do I. I want to see more growth-type stocks, and I prefer to trade further-out months in the futures) Brad says it depends mostly on what the clients want to see. Since he won't have to print out paper chartbooks and mail them, it will be much easier to add markets. I don't know much about Eurex, though, coz I only trade US markets. You could ask the developer or Brad about that one.

Developer's email is boulderhawk@gmail.com.
    He's eager to get more feedback on the software.

#90     Nov 15, 2005