Good Trading Book for Beginner

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mACcAboy, Jul 7, 2005.

1. So you're interested in stocks? If so, are you interested in all stocks? Nasdaq stocks? NYSE stocks? Big-cap stocks? Small cap? Are you looking for something that's highly volatile? That is thinly-traded? Heavily traded?

Do you have any experience with stocks at all, i.e., over periods of weeks or months? Have you participated in funds? The more information you can provide about yourself and your experiences and what you want, the more likely you'll receive replies that pertain to whatever it is that you want.

#41     Jul 13, 2005
  2. Nitro: .That was a cheap shot. Vadym is a public figure in this business who has been well known and respected for many years. He used the same handle for years on SI and was an honest and generous contributor there. Attacking him is like attacking a person with the integrity of an Alexander Elder. :Al

#42     Jul 13, 2005
  3. nitro

nitro

I leave the thread posted below to stand on it's own. Form your own opinions that you like.

I neither take cheap nor expensive "shots" at people - I just want the truth, and so far, this guy threei does not even come close to satisfying that goal.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=789472#post789472

I have no opinion of Alexander Elder, although I think his books suck too.

nitro

#43     Jul 13, 2005
  4. LOLOLOL you didn't really pick a good example there. there was a recent thread about him in the resources forum, run a search there.

isn't it amazing how the trading 'education' industry is like a world of its own. there exist some 'legendary gurus' there, like elder, oliver velez and so on :D while in the real financial industry, nobody is even aware of the existence of these people.

if you want a mentor pick someone who makes his living out of trading, not by selling books conducting seminars and responding to every single flaming post about him here on ET. why is the obsession to do so? i really wonder.

#44     Jul 13, 2005
  5. nitro

nitro

I have nothing to add to a post that is as clear as a calm cold lake in winter.

nitro

#45     Jul 13, 2005
  6. LOL.

#46     Jul 13, 2005
  7. Albert, you're wasting your time.

Any author who bothers to defend himself on this site is also wasting his time. I found both of Vad's books to be well worth the cost, and he offers a refund to anyone who doesn't think so. What more can one want?

#47     Jul 13, 2005
  8. Nitro: .You are right. The thread you referenced is interesting. It displays the full depth and breadth of your knowledge of trading books, of trading mentors, and of character assessment based on posting content. Your fairness, balance, and lack of bias are truly noteworthy. In future I shall follow your own posts with great interest. :Al

#48     Jul 13, 2005
  9. nitro

nitro

How is that any different than being able to take a book back to Borders or Barnes and Noble which you can do at any time? It is a clever marketing trick actually.

Gillette does soemthing similar. They give away the razor for free or at a loss. Then they get you hooked on the razors. There is even a term for it in the industry. It's called a loss leader.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/lossleader.asp

Were you born yesterday?

nitro

#49     Jul 13, 2005
  10. Yes, giving money back to dissatisfied customers is indeed clever. We should stamp out this insidious practice immediately.

#50     Jul 13, 2005