Good til date - update time - order priority

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by drenaud, Mar 7, 2012.

1. drenaud

drenaud

I place a buy order on future with a good till time of 10:00am.

At the time of my order there are 99 orders ahead of me at this price.

Some orders are hit and some new orders come in. I assume I am moving up the list.

For sake of argument I am now 50 on the list and it is almost 10:00am.

I update my time till 10:30am. I don't cancel the order but just update it with the new time.

My question is does this action move me to the back of the line or do I stay in my current postion?

Thanks

2. Good question!

Are you trading a CME Group product?

I looked in here ( http://www.cmegroup.com/globex/files/GlobexRefGd.pdf ) but pg. 12 doesn't mention "modifying" GTC orders (just "execution", "cancelation" and "expiry")

You could try ....
    = = = = = = =
    CME GLOBAL COMMAND CENTER PHONE MENU
    GCC – +1 312 456 2391
    GCC Outside U.S. – +44 20 7623 4708 / +65 6223 1357
    OPTION DESCRIPTION: SELECT FOR:
    2 Order Status, Order Cancellation Critical Order Status Assistance
    3 Order Routing, Market Data, or CME web based application support Assistance for issues relating to Production Connectivity, Order Entry, Market Data, General Functionality, CME EOS Trader and FirmSoft Support
    4 CME Globex Products and Markets
    = = = = = = =

3. drenaud

drenaud

Thanks for the reply. It is on Vix Futures (CFE)

I have seen the same info that you mention and as you point out it doesn't seem to address what I was looking for.

I posed the question to my broker and got a cryptic answer. All they said was that I was sending another message to the exchange. I agree with that but that didn't answer if it was treated as a new order or if I kept my time priority.

Again, thanks for the feedback.