Good stocks under $5.50 for writing puts

Discussion in 'Options' started by scotta65, Dec 13, 2012.

1. scotta65

scotta65

I only have around $600 cash right now and I want to make a little money by writing puts. Are there any stocks out there trading around $5.50 that have decent option interest?

2. There are $5 stocks that pay a decent credit (relative to the strike price), but are they decent companies worth the risk???
    I would suggest collecting more cash first, so you can invest in better quality companies, at higher prices of $10 or higher.
    You might be throwing darts at those $3 - $5 companies.
    It might be fun to do, and a good learning experience, but it probably will not end well for you over time.
    But others may disagree.

3. "I want to make a little money by writing puts"

You sound like a kid saying he wants to make a little money by delivering newspapers.

You are underfunded by at least a factor of 10 to even think of starting to write puts... and I would say a factor of 20 to do it with any expectation of success.

The most likely outcome would be for you to lose your $600 in a month or so.

4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

you'll spend more in comissions.

go to vegas. at least there's no commissions at those tables (save the poker room).

5. You have two options , penny stocks or weekly options. If you jump on the train on time , you'll be rolling with 5 k in no time.

6. The OP's logic is that they're cash-secured and he can afford to be assigned. Nothing wrong with it and I give him credit for having more brains than cash. Better than the foolish VP sitting with $4MM in ENE stock before the crash.

That being said, $600 is nothing and you simply can't diversify. I'll send you some ideas in a PM.

7. Are you on Christmas vacation from Rutgers or Syracuse? :confused:

8. ?....Dang?......?.....what about DNDN? :confused:

9. Hallucinogens? Your point that hasn't been made repeatedly?

10. 1) Is that what they produce? I never knew. :eek:
    2) It's only $600. He'll have time to earn it back if it goes Chapter-7, 10, 11 or 13 on him. :cool:

#10     Dec 13, 2012