Good Round turn price for emini commissions?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by goodfellow, May 19, 2006.

1. What is a fair and honestly good round turn fee(including CME and CBOT fee's) for emini trading? For somebody who is trading 2 contracts a day of the ES or YM.

I hear some people paying as high as 9.00 Round turn and other people saying they are only paying 5.00 a round turn. Some people say they only pay 1.00 total round turn.

Whenever I call a broker and ask them what their commission fee's are, they just say to me, "what do you want to pay"?
    I don't think that is a good answer. They should not charge different commission prices for different customers. I'm looking for commission fee's on 500.00 contracts.

2. I would guess 4-5 bucks for your volume...just a guess though. If you saved another buck, it wouldn't make much difference to your bottom line.

Michael B.

3. Alaron Trading Corp is a great broker for your kind of trading. They send out checks in 3 - 4 days, and had been with them for a year, and just closed out my account 4 days ago to take out all my money because I'm pretty sure it's going to be awhile until I go back to futures, but they were a great broker, phone support was excellent.

Check them out.

www.greenstreet.com was my IB.

BTW, my commissions were 4.90 round-turn.

4. "Whenever I call a broker and ask them what their commission fee's are, they just say to me, "what do you want to pay"?
    I don't think that is a good answer. They should not charge different commission prices for different customers. I'm looking for commission fee's"

Although I must disagree. The more personalized your commissions the better.

I get .006 on trading equities. It will go down when I get to higher volume, if it stayed the same, it would be impossible for a lot of traders to make money.

Maybe you are new to trading, but if you ever get into higher volume, you will appreciate being able to negotiate your commissions (That is if you are good at the art of negotiation :D)

5. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

I pay 3.80 per RT through a broker at alaron. I get that rate and anyone that I refer to him will get that rate for trading the emini's. Not sure about any other rates other then the mini's though. The broker is the nicest guy in the business I have met and answers all questions. My volume is very low so I know I am not getting a volume discount. PM me for more info

6. SEE... that is why I say commissions given on a personal basis can be a good thing... now you actually got someone that can hook you up :cool:

It all works out in the end. I wish I had 3.80 RT when I was scalping... haha, I was stupid back then trading futures.

I'll give futures another go later on when I build up capital through equities trading.

7. With 500 contracts (250 roundturns) he should get $3.8-$3.30 NQ/ES per round trun all in, very easy if he shop around little bit, that's including plateform fee

8. a customer doing 250 rount turns could probably get $3.80 but i would recommend trying to find an FCM that has their own platform otherwise you will end up paying another $1.00 r/t for the use of that platform. another thing that really adds to the bottom line commission rate is a platform that is not easy to use because mistakes on the platform can really add to the actual cost of commisions. a couple of mistakes per month could cost several ticks and that gets expensive. another thing that adds to commission rates are brokers who add fees when you want their help in getting a telephone order placed.

9. Nana.... he is a "2 contract a day" trader

10. Ebo

Ebo

So he will get the same rate as you ES.

Baba..........booooeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

#10     May 19, 2006