Good Quality Liquor

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by brownsfan019, Jun 29, 2007.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Ahh yes, a bottle of that stuff and good conversation, [why is it always in an alley?] is what life is about.

#11     Jul 1, 2007
  2. TGregg

TGregg

Oh yeah, I forgot to add one to my list. ;) Seriously though, I recently bought one of those in a gas station. It was all I could do to refrain from asking for a can of Skoal and a couple scratch-offs. I was laughing as I walked out.

#12     Jul 1, 2007
  3. TGregg

TGregg

Another tip is to go when they are not busy. That way you can chat with the bartender about the pros and cons of different liquor. So there's two reasons to go to a good place. One, they'll have all the good stuff. And two, they'll have staff that know all about it.

And like somebody mentioned, the best liquor is best enjoyed straight or nearly straight (like a few drops of vermouth, a tablespoon of olive juice and a couple olives in Bombay Sapphire).

#13     Jul 1, 2007
  4. First-Tasted beer in the early twenties(only week ends)
    Few years later (asian)whisky+soda , Brandy+soda, Rum+coke,Gin+tonic etc.(3-5 pegs!! ) (Here-They make whisky /brandy/rum etc out of Sugarcane Molasses!!!!!!)
    20 years on..After traveling /living all over the world now-
    2 pegs Neat Scotch/Bourbon (rarely ice) as (dinner)appetiser with small quantity of savoury snacks/cheese/bread etc.
    After dinner a Cognac/brandy neat.
    Baileys on ice/similar Coffee liquer desert drink just before sleep.

NO cocktails.
    On a hot day socially drink beer/white/red wine etc.
    No drinking while trading.
    That is tough beacuse-when Newyork closes it is 2AM my local time.So I might have one peg or so earlier!!!
    Vegeterian all my life(no egg even) & never smoked.
    Over a period of 5 years,acquired a big collection of all popular brands scotch/borboun at Singapore Duty free shop(cheapest in the world)
    Neat Bourbon after a tough day is a real pleasure.On a special day Glenmorangie/Glenlivet etc (singlemalt ) or Johnny walker Blue/Green/Gold etc
    Black lablel-regular days.Red label have to drink with ice+water.
    Pick your poison & enjoy.!

#14     Jul 1, 2007
  5. dcvtss

dcvtss

Oban whisky
    [​IMG]

and Stoli gold vodka
    [​IMG]

All good scotch whisky's have a story on the box or label to read while you drink :)

#15     Jul 1, 2007
  6. [​IMG]

Irish equivalent to moonshine... banned for centuries... made legal a few years back... was raised on this stuff....

theres still a good few aficionados in the west making the real thing which is anything above 75% proof...

Its a quality drink when made well... and of course only to be consumed neat

#16     Jul 1, 2007
  7. Crown Royal Special Reserve and Glenlivet!

#17     Jul 1, 2007
  8. Don Julio, Patron, Chinaco

and

#18     Jul 1, 2007
  9. I can't believe no one mentioned Guinness.

Guinness

#19     Jul 2, 2007
  10. Woodford reserve bourbon. Straight..neat..rocks....this shit is smooth and tasty. About $44 for 750ml here in NY.

Come to think of it. Bourbon is all I have been drinking for the last 6 months or so.

http://www.woodfordreserve.com/age.aspx

#20     Jul 2, 2007