Good products for intraday system development?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by BrooksRimes, May 11, 2005.

1. I'd appreciate suggestions on good products for programming intraday systems.

I've owned and used TS/EL in the past but don't want to have to open a brokerage account.

I'm looking for:
    - robust programming language
    - good support and forum
    - variety of built-in stops
    - comprehensive performance report
    - logic which "looks inside a bar" to determine (guess) whether high or low is hit first
    - cost of under $200/month

Thanks!

2. Thanks for the post, but I need something now, not in 7 months. :)

I like your comparison chart ... "Use a Broker of Your Choice". :) That is the TS and Wealth Lab problem.

The price is good.

How can you run in Easy Language code without violating TS copyrights?

Brooks

3. maxpi

maxpi

You could try Multi Charts at http://www.tssupport.com/products/multicharts/

I have no experience with it and also no connection to the company other than I'm happy with the other products I used from them. You could get a copy of TS2000 but it's going to make you crazy what with the Global Server and all unless you are focusing on just a small number of instruments.

Max

4. I am using TradeStation 8.0 and I really like it. You do NOT need to be a brokerage client to subscribe to TradeStation platform. They just give you a $100 per month discount if you have a brokerage account with them.

Good Luck.

5. Thanks for the post.

What do you pay for TS8? Are you in the U.S.?

6. JackR

JackR

The TradersStudio platform appears to be based on VB.net and/or Visual Basic 6. They have written a translator that they claim is 95% effective in converting EZ-based code into their VB. You then tweak.

It looks as though they have coded up some VB functions to work the same way as the EZ language equivalent. Don't see where there would be a copyright violation as you use EZ to write a system. TS reads the language and translates it. You are the developer of the TS code using EZ. Maybe we have a lawyer who is a trader that might have a real answer but that is my opinion, FWIW.

JackR

7. Visaria

Visaria

I use Amibroker www.amibroker.com for my testing. Has all the attributes that you mentioned. You have to import in intraday data or you could use a real time feed (e.g. esignal, IB brokers).

8. Depending on the complexity of the systems you are going to develop, you may not need something very advance to get started.

Have you develop any end of day systems?
    That can be a good starting point.

Someone mentioned that they use Excel. If you already have Excel, you can give it a try.

9. How about buying Visual Studio .NET

#10     May 20, 2005