Good Points about IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by pythagoras, Nov 15, 2002.

1. qdz

qdz

why don't you post your review under the section of firm rating. That's going to be awesome. Thanks.

:p

#21     Nov 15, 2002
  2. JORGE

JORGE

#1 If you take a look at T/S you will notice that your stop was triggered when the stock traded at 28.34 after that there were only two 100 shr trades above 28.3 and then the stock dropped below your 28.3 limit. I would guess your limit would not have been filled regardless of who your broker is.

#2 and #3 look fine.

#22     Nov 15, 2002
  3. DTK

DTK

Yes you can! :D

I think IB is fantastic. Before I started using IB (I stumbled across it in an article a couple of years ago), I was changing brokers so often, trying to find one that could get it right, it was making my head spin.

Now I use IB exclusively.

'nuf said.

#23     Nov 15, 2002
  4. ddefina

ddefina

Why don't you close your account and go harass another broker. Some of us like the low rates and innovation. We don't need some malinformed taking cheap shots and possibly ruining it for all of us. GO BACK TO CHARLES SCHWAB. :confused:

#24     Nov 15, 2002
  5. 20 bucks says he works for SCH and is trying to discredit IB. This circus has spanned multiple threads and reviews.

#25     Nov 15, 2002
  6. I posted a rating about IB, but here is my take after haveing an account for 2 months:

Negative:

Incredibly long, one sided agreement to get started, even requiring a test where you basicly have to prove you know you would be screwed in a number of scenerios. Kind of degrading.

Total resource hog java interface, takes a long time to download, will not work well on computers that are not high powered.

Positive:

I do not think commissions can be beat anywhere.

Executions/fills are very good/fast. Fills/prices *way* better/faster than 2 other brokers I used.

Workstation, although is a hassle to get set up, and to start each morning, is *fast* when it really counts - making the trade - no trudging around a painfuly slow website when a price is running away from you. Just click-> get

Customer service, seems to be slower than other places, and maybe a little less helpfull, but so far I havnt really needed it.

If you are using a regular, non direct access broker, and trade regularly, switching to IB could easily turn some losing days into break even days, and some break even days into profitable days.

Although I still have my old brokers with some funds as a backup, I would not use them unless I had a "can't miss" trade setup, because the combination of fills and commissions weighs on every trade.

With IB, you can be a lot more "up to the minute", and pretty much put commissions & roundtrip costs out of your mind and focus only on "should I be in this trade or not?"

#26     Nov 15, 2002
  7. 8hcap

8hcap

I would add that if trading small price shares and large share quantities, IB might not be the cheapest. I'm maintaining a separate brokerage account that has a flat commish regardless of share amounts for this type of trading.

#27     Nov 15, 2002
  8. IB ROCKS!

rock bottom commissions

universal account to trade stocks futures options in
    multi currency

access to all electronic markets

cutting edge trading platform constantly updated with new features

fully automated account opening and management

same day wire transfer ins

free sameday wire transfer outs

low low margin rates

daytrading margins

lots of feedback forums, polls, communiques.

I've been with them 6 months and have never had to phone in an order or phone in for any reason. I trade everyday.

Cheers!

#28     Nov 15, 2002
  9. IB offers fast executions and has the lowest commissions I know of. I may be in the minority here, but I've actually found their customer service to be pretty decent. This is especially true of their online one-on-one chat room customer service. Instead of talking on the phone, you type back and forth with a CS rep. I've found these guys to be knowledgeable and even courteous.

#29     Nov 15, 2002
  10. I've used SCH for years. I get great customer service and features. I get a dedicated options team if I have any problems with orders, free bill pay service, and I can move money in and out of 5 banks and accounts instantly for free with a click o' the mouse. But I can't make any money because of the high commissions!

I have an account at IB now and SCH is the backup. It was quick and easy to open the account and the TWS has been working great. $2 r/t trades is a dream come true for me.

#30     Nov 15, 2002