Good platforms for trading Bonds?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by wooldog, Aug 11, 2011.

1. wooldog

wooldog

I normally use TDA/TOS and love the trading platform. However you can't buy/sell bonds on it, or pull up quotes..unless you're trading futures.

Any good brokers that will let you access the corporate, treasury, and municipal bond market. And one that has a platform as nice as TDA/TOS?

In addition to purchasing on the secondary market, I'd be interested in a broker who participates in some of the municipal offerings.

Thanks.

2. Why not just open a second account.

3. To be sure, you just wanna buy bonds in your account, right? If so, the usual suspects, i.e. Fidelity, Charles Schwab, etc, are supposed to be good.

4. ids

ids

You can do it with Interactive Brokers.

5. How do you pull up bond quotes on tos? I always have to call some dude named Paul.

6. Lornz

Lornz

James Bonds? (only humorous for pedantic followers of the religion of Orthography)

7. Bob111

Bob111

IB is the best in business for retail. they are only one,who allow you to access the market directly(talking about corp.bonds),without any BS markups. lowest commissions in business,best inventory i ever seen. but you do realize that the current rates are beyond shitty, and imo-not worth the risk at all.