Good options daytrading stocks...

Discussion in 'Options' started by MasterGambler, Aug 3, 2012.

1. deliberately keep less in.. hmmm.. are you short so much vol it could more then blow ya out in that account? haha jk.. i wanna trade options on vix futures to be honest..

#11     Aug 8, 2012
  2. Josef K

Josef K

Besides AAPL and GOOG, GS, BIDU and JPM can be very good for trading options.

#12     Aug 8, 2012
  3. Gotta love some bidu... A friend of mine made 500 percent in that stock by buying it and then he started trading options expiration on it lost thousands on it...

the funny thing is he told me in order to play in options you have to have deep pockets.. i'm thinking.. yeah.. because one options contract gives you the exposure of 100 shares of stock for sometimes huge percentages under the cost of actually owning it.. so the guy trades thousands and thousands of dollars in call options giving him a notional value of like 250,000 dollars.. the lies in leverages.. there are so many of them.. hell i did almost the same thing when i started out.. then to shock you a little more i sold credit spreads on my entire account to make up the loss.. radical.. i still wonder how i'm trading today..

#13     Aug 8, 2012
  4. I CAN get blown out...no JOKE!! That is why I'm very careful and its taken a lot of trial, error and money to get where I'm at. VIX is interesting but not my cup of tea. ES has been my fav ...just where I'm comfortable. Have tried YM NQ CL and NG ...but for me its been ES that I come back to. Since I've been trading the ES options there has been a good growth in volume esp in the weekly's. I'm sure one of these days the gravy train will grind to a halt...but as long as I can make a little cash I'm still riding the rails.

#14     Aug 8, 2012
  5. do it to it... i'll have to look at ES options.. so i can do a little day trading.. i have some strategies i can use for a quick small percent on limited risk flys and such ..

#15     Aug 9, 2012
  6. Google... Jeeze... Had totally forgotten about it. Oh, no wonder... The stock is a bit "erratic"... Doesn't pattern cleanly like AAPL.

#16     Aug 9, 2012