Good news for NBA fans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Nov 19, 2011.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/nba-stars-play-obama-basketball-fundraiser-040448008.html

NBA stars to play in Obama basketball fundraiser

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama's re-election campaign is bringing together more than two dozen NBA stars for a fundraising basketball game next month.

Obama's campaign says Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks, Ray Allen of the Boston Celtics, Chris Bosh of the Miami Heat and many others will headline the "Obama Classic Basketball Game" on Dec. 12 in Washington.

With the NBA season in jeopardy because of the lockout, the game will serve as a fundraising All-star game. Others confirmed to play include Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant, New Orleans Hornets guard Chris Paul and Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard.

Tickets range from $100 to $5,000 for courtside seats. The money will go to the Obama Victory Fund, a joint fundraising account by the Democratic Party and Obama's re-election campaign.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Fuck the NBA.

3. You're such an angry little man :(

4. Not enuf white guys in the NBA for Lucrum, and he is not exactly little at 5'11'' 225 lbs.

5. Yo Luke,the second best player in the NBA is white

[​IMG]

6. He's an Obama supporter though :D :D :D

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,772189,00.html

SPIEGEL: US President Barack Obama, himself a big basketball fan, later congratulated you.

Nowitzki: Mr. Obama called our coach Rick Carlisle shortly after the game. He invited the team to Washington. What he didn't know is that we already took part in a tour through the White House two years ago. At the time, he was busy in the Oval Office. This time, he won't be able to avoid us. No, seriously: The visit to Mr. Obama is an honor for us, a big deal. Not just because he knows about basketball.

SPIEGEL: Why else?

Nowitzki: Because we can identify with him. When Barack Obama was inaugurated two-and-a-half years ago, we were getting ready for an away game. We delayed an extra practice so that we could watch his inaugural speech live on television. Everyone on the team was happy that he had made it.

SPIEGEL: You sound like an American patriot.

Nowitzki: I consider myself to be more a universal kind of guy. When something grabs me, nationality doesn't matter. And the election of Barack Obama grabbed me.

7. True,but when it comes to character he is a very small man imo

8. Character and Lucrum don't even belong the same sentence.

9. LOL !!!!

#10     Nov 20, 2011