Good news, 50,000 jobs to be added in one day.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by noob_trad3r, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Yup, it get, I got it . . . I lived it. I applied myself to this crappy shitty random world and succeeded. I tried and won because the alternative was to not try and fail. Even if I tried and failed at least I had the positive mental aspect of trying.

We all can't become rich but we all have the ability to succeed at something.

You could wake up tomorrow and get hit by a bus too so why not step out in front of one today and get it over with, right.

#31     Apr 4, 2011
  2. No, it doesn't.

One of my roommates in college grew up in a crack house. He chose to pick himself up and make something of himself. He isn't rich by any means but he is a successful general manager for a large hotel chain. He and his wife lead a middle class lifestyle but are some of the happiest people I know.

He could have easily given up considering his beginnings. He chose not to be confined to that random mold.

#32     Apr 4, 2011
  3. Remember the bus . . .

#33     Apr 4, 2011
  4. I'm not bragging about my position in life.
    It matters not.
    I could be rich, I could be middle class, I could be poor or I could be somewhere in between any of those.
    It matters not.
    I know I don't have a mouth like a trash can and am educated enough to utilize the English language correctly.
    I could have a high school diploma, a B.A, M.A. or PhD.
    It matters not.
    Simple pleasures and things mean a lot to me.
    I know I'm not special, just happy.
    I've achieved happiness because I worked toward that as a goal.
    Happiness to me isn't the same as what makes others happy.
    They matter not.
    There are millions like you too.
    Those that constantly look toward the negative aspect of life. Those that speak of randomness as the controlling factor in their lives instead of controling themselves.
    You matter not.
    I am the master of my own destiny because the destination isn't what matters, it is the journey.

#34     Apr 4, 2011
  5. Assume there are 5 McDonald outlets in a street, which one will you choose to go?
    And all of them are at equal distance from your home.

#35     Apr 4, 2011
  6. If my IQ were 20 points lower it would still be 28 points higher than the national average in Hong Kong.

Here you go, see if you should stand in front of a bus or not.
    Only 2% can solve this, can you?

The question for this test is, who has the fish?

Facts:
    There are 5 houses in 5 different colors
    In each house lives a person with a different nationality.
    These 5 owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.
    No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same drink.

Hints:
    The Brit lives in a red house.
    The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
    The Dane drinks tea.
    The green house is on the left of the white house.
    The green house owner drinks coffee.
    The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
    The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
    The man living in the house right in the center drinks milk.
    The Norwegian lives in the first house.
    The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.
    The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
    The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
    The German smokes Prince.
    The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
    The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water.

#36     Apr 4, 2011
  7. Clue to the clueless, imagine a grid, and fill in the holes. The empty ones can be deduced from the ones that were filled...

I agree that the 50,000 in one day sounds very "mc-fishy", and even if true, 50,000 part time minimum wage jobs solves very little for so very few.

No offense to anyone working for them in particular, but this nation is DOA until it gets out of the government debt Ponzi business and back to making things to export, of at least equal value to our imports.

#37     Apr 4, 2011
  8. I don't have employees.
    You bash everyone, I don't need to.
    My original comment was directed toward the individual implying that McD's was a dead end job.
    You chose to turn that comment into your personal rant on randomness.
    Whatever.

#38     Apr 4, 2011
  9. Anyone but you I guess.

You want a bus schedule for your neighborhood?

#39     Apr 4, 2011
  10. Agreed.

#40     Apr 4, 2011