Good mouse Bad Mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by patch227, Jul 15, 2006.

1. patch227

patch227

Recently my cordless mouse died. I went back to a conventional mouse for a week and got quite bad wrist pains so I am in the market for a good mouse.

Anyone got any experience with a laser mouse or can suggest a good ergonomic one?

What’s the deal with this 1000dpi spec? Does it make any difference?

I am also looking at these mouse pad which look good

http://www.xtracpads.com/hammer.htm

Do illuminated pads add anything to performance?

Comments?

2. I do not recommend anything cordless for serious traders...other than the laptop next to the sofa to watch the quotes, while lounging...and then a clear running path to the real wired trading station..

Michael B.

P.S. try wearing a brace for your wrist or buy one of those mouse cushions..but stay wired and naturally alert & invigorated.

3. Microsoft makes a good laser mouse.

4. patch227

patch227

Yeah Corded is the way but it is a pain. The microsoft laser looks good but does the laser make a difference?

What causes the cordless to give so much crap? Poor technology?

5. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

6. diputs

diputs

Have you considered trading with a graphics tablet? It is much easier on you wrist than a mouse or a trackball.

7. mizer

mizer

I've recently switched to a wireless laser Logitech mouse and have been using it for about 3 months now before I was using a corded old school ball roller mouse and its a world of difference. If you have multiple monitors the speed is unreal

8. mizer

mizer

I highly disagree! I'm a very active listed trader and the speed and accuracy is great

9. mizer...great news...But I will stay with what works for me. And if you want to encourage this, then it is up to you..

Michael B.

#10     Jul 15, 2006