Good morning shorts. No , that burning smell

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock777, Sep 13, 2010.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Surprised to see the market losing ground since opening, usually after a huge opening on a monday the markets tend to push higher throughout the day closing at intraday highs by the close. Market has let go a lot of steam in the last hour.

Nasdaq is being held up by the semis today, without that this market would be really red right now.

Dow 10,493.38 +30.61 +0.29%
    Nasdaq 2,271.81 +29.33 +1.31%
    S&P 500 1,116.98 +7.43 +0.67%
    10 Yr Bond(%) 2.7570% -0.3800
    Oil 77.14 +0.69 +0.90%
    Gold 1,246.00 +1.50 +0.12%

#21     Sep 13, 2010
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

If the indices close down or even near Friday's closing prices, today could be a big inflection point.

- Failure to decisively break recent highs & 200-day MAs

- Terribly low volume during recent rally

- Extremely overbought on a daily basis

- Big gaps to fill just above the last low point

#22     Sep 13, 2010
  3. “I am a huge bull on this country,” Buffett, Berkshire’s chief executive officer, said today in remarks to the Montana Economic Development Summit. “We will not have a double-dip recession at all. I see our businesses coming back almost across the board.”

LOL ...yea ok Buffett. Try and get your BOY OBAMA to keep the Congress....

I take what this guy says with a super grain of salt.

WE ARE IN A RANGE UNTIL THE ELECTIONS!

#23     Sep 13, 2010
  4. We got rejected at resistance.

[​IMG]

The day's not done, though. [​IMG]

#24     Sep 13, 2010
  5. The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision said yesterday it will require lenders to have common equity equal to at least 7 percent of assets, up from 2 percent currently, including a 2.5 percent buffer to withstand future shocks. Under the so- called Basel III rules, banks that fail to meet the buffer would be unable to pay dividends, though not forced to raise cash.

On the phone early the Am with China and EU. Both are predicting strong GDP numbers going forward. Also, the Basel Committee Rules make a hellofa lota sense.

The US will adopt these rules....

This should keep the assclowns on Wallstreet thinking before they decide to take massive risk with out hedging.

IMHO we are still going to Lag the the Asian Tigers and EU in Job Growth, and turnaround time.

In fact, the US could have a decade of close to Zero Job growth while the output in Goods and services rise slowly.

#25     Sep 13, 2010
  6. MKTrader

MKTrader

Quite the life you live! Tell the EU they owe me $100B next time you ring them. :D

Basel will do nothing to avert another financial crisis, though. Just a feel-good measure. I cringe whenever I hear "global regulations" and hope this isn't fraught with hidden regs or unintended consequences...

#26     Sep 13, 2010
  7. shorts get to sleep on a bed of nails again tonight

[​IMG]

#27     Sep 13, 2010
  8. That shut em up

#28     Sep 13, 2010
  9. joe4422

joe4422

I was short and I lost 50 bucks. On my last winning trade I made over 2,500. So no, I'm not getting burned. Only losing traders try to pick market direction.

#29     Sep 14, 2010
  10. enjoying the stock777 rally?

I knew you would.

#30     Sep 14, 2010