Good Monte Carlo simulator

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by hlpsg, Jul 28, 2008.

1. If I understand your needs then this should do what you're looking for....

http://www.adaptrade.com/

I think the price is $199

Regards,
    Eric

#11     Jul 30, 2008
  2. hlpsg

hlpsg

Thanks Eric.

I downloaded it and it's a very nice piece of software. The Monte Carlo simulation is really fast! Almost instantaneous. And the printout is nice, showing 95% confidence levels. I also like the fact that the randomized samples show the different number of contracts traded.

There's a cool little feature that tells you how many contracts to trade based on current equity and position sizing model chosen, I think that's very nice.

The only minor disadvantage is it not being able to extrapolate statistics from a list of historical trades, and use that to run additional trials based on your historical trade data. It requires us to enter the statistics ourselves, no big deal, but it'll be nice if it could be automated.

The price is very attractive too, I'd most probably be purchasing it. Hope to look at a few other competiting software before I decide, so if anyone has other recommendations, pls let me know, thanks!

#12     Jul 31, 2008
  3. I think if you play with the software more it will do what you're trying to do. I think you just need to input your trade results as a text file and t should work.

If not, call them and they should be able to help you out. The company was very helpful in the times I spoke to them.

Regards,
    Eric

#13     Jul 31, 2008
  4. hlpsg

hlpsg

Good idea! Thanks very much for the recommendation.

#14     Aug 1, 2008
  5. I just received an email that version 3 of the software is out and has portfolio level optimization. This should be a huge benefit for those trading multiple systems.

Link:
    http://www.adaptrade.com/PreMSATrial.htm

I will be trying it out to see how well it works.

Regards,
    Eric

#15     Aug 4, 2008
  6. On the recommendation made in this thread I tried the "Market System Analyzer" v3.1 from Adaptrade.

I have to say that I'm very impressed. It's a pretty slick piece of software and does a whole lot more than just monte carlo simulation.

Actually the new update, as noted above, adds portfolio level analysis. It was just in time, as this was the key feature I was interested in.

I urge others to at least check this out.

#16     Aug 6, 2008
  7. Illum

Illum

#17     Aug 8, 2008
  8. Try Crystal Ball Add-In for Excel

#18     Aug 8, 2008
  9. dima777

dima777

yep crystall ball is awesome...especially if you get the professional version with OPTQUEST optimizer...the palisade risk is a quicker solution to generate tons of distribution data...but these all work only in excel....

#19     Aug 12, 2008